Hey,

I have listened to very very little blues before. Recently I stumbled across 2 tabs. Gamblers blues version by Dave van ronk and outside woman blues by Eric Clapton.

Anyway I learned the songs & theyre now my 2 favourite songs to play!

Like I said, I havnt really listened to much blues before. Could you recommend some songs to learn in the same vein as the one I mentioned or maybe suggest a few "classics" that wouldnt be incredibly difficult?

Thanks .
Do you know what the 12 bar blues structure is?
A callous exterior isn't an uncommon way of protecting ideals; it hides the idealists from the derision of fools and cowards. But it also immobilizes them, so that, in trying to preserve their ideals, they risk losing them.
I do indeed.
I dont really know any blues songs though so I'd really just play the pattern out of a book. Would like to get exposed to some more blues music
Quote by dubbeat
I do indeed.
I dont really know any blues songs though so I'd really just play the pattern out of a book. Would like to get exposed to some more blues music

Listen to some early Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, and Eric Clapton. Also, listen to some early blues-guys; Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson, Albert King, John Lee Hooker, and Howlin Wolf.
A callous exterior isn't an uncommon way of protecting ideals; it hides the idealists from the derision of fools and cowards. But it also immobilizes them, so that, in trying to preserve their ideals, they risk losing them.
Thanks for the suggestions, I appreciate it. Are there any tracks by those artists that you particularly enjoy playing yourself?
Quote by dubbeat
Thanks for the suggestions, I appreciate it. Are there any tracks by those artists that you particularly enjoy playing yourself?

Smokestack Lightning is a pretty fun jam. It originated as an early blues song and it's been covered probably by all of those artists mentioned.