Ok, so here's the deal. I'm in the military stationed out in alaska. I got one of the iPhone 4s a little while back, and just got the Tango video chat app for it. My friend in California also has the app, but she has a Droid X with Verizon which means she doesn't have a forward facing camera. We're thinking that if she were to hook up a webcam through the mini USB port on his phone, it should allow her to video chat without having to turn the phone around in between me talking and her talking. FOR ALL DROID X USERS.......have you tried this with Tango or similar apps? If so, does it work? If not, what are good alternatives so we can both see each other for the entire conversation?
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
Last edited by Sewn Up at Jun 7, 2011,
Quote by Sewn Up
Ok, so here's the deal. I'm in the military stationed out in alaska. I got one of the iPhone 4s a little while back, and just got the Tango video chat app for it. My friend in California also has the app, but she has a Droid X with Verizon which means he doesn't have a forward facing camera. We're thinking that if she were to hook up a webcam through the mini USB port on his phone, it should allow her to video chat without having to turn the phone around in between me talking and her talking. FOR ALL DROID X USERS.......have you tried this with Tango or similar apps? If so, does it work? If not, what are good alternatives so we can both see each other for the entire conversation?

wat.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I mean a camera on the front of the phone (where the screen is).
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
I'm gonna go with I doubt it. Unless the phone has built in drivers for the camera it probably won't work.

-g13
Quote by gothikchile13
I'm gonna go with I doubt it. Unless the phone has built in drivers for the camera it probably won't work.

-g13

prolly this. i would think the camera would need to be installed with its proper driver and i doubt the phone has that.

If she has a computer with a webcam i think you can use skype to video call on the iphone or yahoo messenger.
The ultimate low tech and completely free solution you can begin using immediately is have her stand in front of a mirror while you chat, you'll see her thru her cam and she can see you on her display in the mirror. ta-da!
Metalheads see through the corporate and political candy store bs proliferated by the media and powers that be, we want the truth, we want respect, and we pwn your face weaklings!! ROCK HARD RIDE FREE!!
thanks for your service.

I love Alaska, haven't been in a few years though.

Tango should work, but like the above poster said, she'll have to do it in front of a mirror, also, the 3G of the droid will create a lot of lag in the chat.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Last edited by ecvMatt at Jun 7, 2011,