Shortboard + Longboard + Longcat = Shlongcat

Hey guys, I just built myself my first Shlongboard* and second skateboard ever. It turns really tight and is flexy and low to the ground like a normal longboard.

What do you guys think?

Click to expand:

*A shlongboard is a skateboard re-purposed to function as a longboard. New holes need to be redrilled, angeled riser pads must be installed and wood needs to be cut away to avoid wheel-bite.

*Edit: In case people don't realize, longcat is griptape.
Last edited by Uber_Kitty at Jun 7, 2011,
Why you stepping all over cats for?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
I think I got a completely different definition of shlong.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

I don't know why, but all I can think to post is; ''cause I fell in love with the girl at the rock show, she said what and I told her that I didn't know.'
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Todd Hart
I don't know why, but all I can think to post is; ''cause I fell in love with the girl at the rock show, she said what and I told her that I didn't know.'

I think I was wearing a Blink shirt while I took this picture!
:O

You know what this means, don't you?

I'm...I'm Jesus.

*runs to the nearest lake*
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
That is awesome TS, and +1000 on the Bubblegum wheels. What wood did you use for it? My friends in I in HS used to make longboard decks with custom grip tape designs back in the day with Home Depot plywood and sell them for $20 profits each, I think we sold 3 and ended up with 5 or so laying around
That is so freaking cool. Did you wedge the trucks or did you leave it with the board angle?

edit: nevermind, I see the wedges now.

Its sick dude Now lets see some video of you shredding the gnar on it
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by Fat Lard
That is awesome TS, and +1000 on the Bubblegum wheels. What wood did you use for it? My friends in I in HS used to make longboard decks with custom grip tape designs back in the day with Home Depot plywood and sell them for $20 profits each, I think we sold 3 and ended up with 5 or so laying around

Thanks, man! I used a skateboard that my girlfriend got for free while standing at the front of a crowd at X-Games 16. The board is also signed by Bucky Lasek!

It is probably maple and shit...

Quote by itchy guitar
That is so freaking cool. Did you wedge the trucks or did you leave it with the board angle?

edit: nevermind, I see the wedges now.

Its sick dude Now lets see some video of you shredding the gnar on it

Wedged, but I think I need to wedge them more. The board angle is 20* and each wedge is only 5*. I flipped the gull wing trucks' hangers to compensate, though.

Also, I can't Ride for shit. Just commuter riding.
Last edited by Uber_Kitty at Jun 7, 2011,
Quote by Uber_Kitty
Thanks, man! I used a skateboard that my girlfriend got for free while standing at the front of a crowd at X-Games 16. The board is also signed by Bucky Lasek!

It is probably maple and shit...

I have a board signed by him too! He is my favorite vert skater ever probably. And the coolest cat around.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
I totally played the shit out of Bucky Lasek on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater. And that looks freakin sweet TS.

(all I can add to this)

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by fearofthemark
I think I got a completely different definition of shlong.

My thoughts exactly :p

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by SteveHouse
I totally played the shit out of Bucky Lasek on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater. And that looks freakin sweet TS.

(all I can add to this)

Me too! Bucky was bad ass on Tony Hawk. That game is the only reason why I even know the slightest thing (and believe me, it is slight) about skating.

Nonetheless, looks awesome dude!
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
that looks badass, makes me want to build one!

If I did, I wouldn't completely remove the kick (im used to a skateboard, no kick kinda freaks me out) I'd just cut a semi circle out on each side to stop wheel grab.
it'd be like a trick skateboard that'd carve up nice aswell.
Quote by GandalfWh1te
that looks badass, makes me want to build one!

If I did, I wouldn't completely remove the kick (im used to a skateboard, no kick kinda freaks me out) I'd just cut a semi circle out on each side to stop wheel grab.
it'd be like a trick skateboard that'd carve up nice aswell.

So basically you want a trickboard with softer/looser bushings?
It'd be kinda hard to do tricks with it.