Hi there,

So I've happen to come across about $400 that I've decided I want to buy a new (used) amp with. I've been playing for three years, but I play for about 2 hours a day so I'm pretty good, but its not like I'm ever going to be whaling away in front of 20,000 screaming fans. I'm looking for a tube amp that can easily keep up with a drummer and I'm definitely going to buy used because I don't mind it and I can get a lot more amp for my money. I have an Agile al-3100 guitar and I currently play through my Computer using Pod Farm 2, Amplitube 3, and Peavery's Revalver program. That being said I need something that sounds really good because the tone I get from my computer is modeled after some really high-end amplifiers and I must say it gets pretty damn close so I'm VERY picky about my sound. The main tone I want is something close to the Foo Fighters distortion sound, and I prefer a sparkly Fender-ish clean sound although I'm much more concerned about the distortion sound. I was thinking a used Bugera 333-xl or a B52 AT-112, but I have only played these in a music store so I couldn't crank it to really hear what they sound like. Has anyone had experience with these amps or something similar that you could reccomend for me? I've read reviews on them and listened to them on youtube but I find the forums here are usually more helpful than those shotty reviews that always seem to have 10's across the board. Any and all help is appreciated, and if you help me out I'd be more than happy to (try to) help you out if you have any questions as I know a good amount about gear and related things.

Thanks,

Trevor
Pretty sure whaling is illegal in most places that would have 20000 screaming fans.

Clubbing baby seals would be a far less illicit hobby.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Pretty sure whaling is illegal in most places that would have 20000 screaming fans.

Japan
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Does the research initiative actually count as commercial whaling? That's kind of a grey area.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I'm going to have to stop you here TS... Foo Fighters use a WIDE range of tones, DG uses Fender, Vox and Mesa Boogie.

You're going to have to make a choice here... you can only 2 of the below, but not all 3.

1. Awesome tone
2. Wide variety of amps
3. Cheap
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Does the research initiative actually count as commercial whaling? That's kind of a grey area.

I'd argue it does. I don't see how much knowledge they can really gain from it, most of what we don't know is related to whale behavior and such, not anatomy. And as far as I know Japan's research focuses on collecting tissue samples. The sea shepherds may have biased me though.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
I say hunt everything to extinction, including each other.