Hello People of UG, i have come in need of opinions/advice/thoughts as most people do. her's the deal:

I graduate next friday, and im expecting somewhere around $1000 in gifted moolah. planning on using about $600-$700 if it on a new guitar and the rest to add on to my savings. guitars ive been looking into:

B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST:
-like the split-able coils, floyd, color, but haven't had too much experience with it. the one in my local samash barely holds tune and idk if thats just from bad setup. OFR

HSS MIM Floyd Rose Strat:
OFR, HSS (like), also wondering about tuning stability. love strat cleans, but idk if it can do the occasional metal.

Im basically looking for a good shredder guitar, and something to cover things like classic rock, and just great leads all around. Feel free to suggest anything, new or used.

i prefer it have a decent double locking trem, bout it
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
I'd go with the Fender MIM Strat with a Floyd Rose like this one:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--FEN1144700

And yeah, these can definitely do metal. And have great cleans.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
Just so you are aware the Fender is probably a flush mounting FR... so you will probably not be able to pull up on the trem.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
Just so you are aware the Fender is probably a flush mounting FR... so you will probably not be able to pull up on the trem.

i sense a problem :/ any way around it? oh and you double posted
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
if i had a ~700 budget the first thing i would look into is a PRS, but thats just me.
Quote by Tycho Brahe
if i had a ~700 budget the first thing i would look into is a PRS, but thats just me.

a lotta prs's dont have floating trems from what ive seen around, but ide be more then glad to go for one.

*EDIT* turns out the only prs that has a floating trem is the torero and it has EMG's. im looking for passive pup's considering i already got a guitar loaded with EMG's
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Last edited by EspTro at Jun 8, 2011,
ESP LTD Strat copy w/ FLoyd rose. Around 400$ I think. Pretty sweet guitar. Saves you an extra 200-300$. Spend it on a nice Blackstar, Marshall JCM or something like that.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Gold Top
Vox VT30
anyone got any comments on the ibanez s570B? tuning stability and whatnot?
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Quote by JustRooster
You should probably save that cash for college.

Winner.

/thread
PRS Tremonti Signature (charcoal burst)
Gibson Les Paul Studio Nitro (electric lime)
PRS SE One
---
EVH 5150 III 50w / 5150 III 212 cab
Blackstar HT-5
He didnt ask what he should do with his money, he asked about which guitars. He may have a scholarship for all we know. I dont think people come to these forums about life lessons.
A bunch of RG's
]Ibanez RG2550Z
1990 Ibanez rg550
ZW Buzzsaw
Ibanez: s470
Jackson: RR Flying V
Charvel: 90's model sunburst
Jackson Stealth
Mesa Boogie Solo 50
Sunn cab
I just graduated myself! Congratz to you!
With the money I got, I bought a Dean Razorback (Explosion, since their going for $500 bucks on Amazon. That's DIRT cheap for a dean! and if I don't like it I can turn around and sell it for at least 800)
And I got a Peavey 6505+ 112

Waiting on both to arrive, if someone wants me to post pics or anything I will.
Quote by Woffelz
I agree with the guy who said save for college.

Anyway, get one of these Ibanez S series http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-S570B-Electric-Guitar-584141-i1499768.gc

was just looking at this
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Quote by JustRooster
You should probably save that cash for college.

guess whose filling out a music scholarship app? back to the topic I guess?

P.S. sick burn
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by OliOsbourne

Great guitar, I have one in galaxy white, but I still prefer the old 550's to the 2550.
A bunch of RG's
]Ibanez RG2550Z
1990 Ibanez rg550
ZW Buzzsaw
Ibanez: s470
Jackson: RR Flying V
Charvel: 90's model sunburst
Jackson Stealth
Mesa Boogie Solo 50
Sunn cab
seems like i have been recommending these alot, but the Peavy USA Wolfgangs. easily had for sub $500, and play just as good as an axis (what EVH's sig was prior to peavey endorcement), really fast necks, killer tone, sounds like a pissed off les paul. you can get them with or without floyd, although a lot of the cheaper flyod ones were made outside of the states, but that floyd is indrustructable.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by EspTro
Hello People of UG, i have come in need of opinions/advice/thoughts as most people do. her's the deal:

I graduate next friday, and im expecting somewhere around $1000 in gifted moolah. planning on using about $600-$700 if it on a new guitar and the rest to add on to my savings. guitars ive been looking into:

B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST:
-like the split-able coils, floyd, color, but haven't had too much experience with it. the one in my local samash barely holds tune and idk if thats just from bad setup. OFR

HSS MIM Floyd Rose Strat:
OFR, HSS (like), also wondering about tuning stability. love strat cleans, but idk if it can do the occasional metal.

Im basically looking for a good shredder guitar, and something to cover things like classic rock, and just great leads all around. Feel free to suggest anything, new or used.

i prefer it have a decent double locking trem, bout it

Rather than a Strat get a super strat from Jackson or Ibanez maybe even ESP if willing to go with a dual rather than triple pickups?

http://backstage.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/jackson-dk2-dinky-electric-guitar/520318

http://backstage.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ibanez-s570dxqm-electric-guitar

Maybe even a RG550 or RG570 off the used market? They're a great deal MIJ and they play as well or better than the current generation of Ibanez prestige models
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
The strat rapes the B.C. dick imo.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Quote by Nimbus456
The strat rapes the B.C. dick imo.

u know mid-high range BC's are pretty freaking good right?
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
http://backstage.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/sterling-by-music-man-jp100-john-petrucci-signature-electric-guitar

get that. It's amazing for the price. It's pretty versatile. The middle position splits the coils so u get single coil tones. It's got locking tuners and stays in tune great even when u use the trem a lot. Trust me u dont really need a floyd, this trem is amazing without the hassles of a floyd. Changing strings is very easy. Neck is thin and fast.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by holycow
http://backstage.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/sterling-by-music-man-jp100-john-petrucci-signature-electric-guitar

get that. It's amazing for the price. It's pretty versatile. The middle position splits the coils so u get single coil tones. It's got locking tuners and stays in tune great even when u use the trem a lot. Trust me u dont really need a floyd, this trem is amazing without the hassles of a floyd. Changing strings is very easy. Neck is thin and fast.

and so my options expand lol. this thread has great recomendations
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Go with the Petrucci one. It's a bloody BOMB.
Love the Guitar
Gear:
- Ibanez SZR520
- Peavey Vypyr 30w
- Alhambra 2C Classical Guitar
- Tortex .88mm/Jazz III 1.38mm
- Elixir Nanoweb Strings (.009)
its definatley 1 of my 3 options right now
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED