so today at school a guy told me ''oh, this song has a great proportion of sound'' and i didn't know what exactly did he mean

is it just something having to do with the ''correct'' usage of the metric?
I think the dude was just making up stuff, because that doesn't even make sense.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

First thing i thought of was the Mix, If i was to say that my meaning would be the full mix of all instruments being done perfectly.
Quote by actaderock
so today at school a guy told me ''oh, this song has a great proportion of sound'' and i didn't know what exactly did he mean

is it just something having to do with the ''correct'' usage of the metric?

Maybe...and this is just off the top of my head...since to the best of my knowledge there are no mind readers here...perhaps it would make sense to ask the person who said it what they meant by it?

Just a thought.
I'd take it to mean that the recording uses the frequency spectrum well ... good sounding low end, bright treble, good frequency separation of the instruments.
Quote by Jehannum
I'd take it to mean that the recording uses the frequency spectrum well ... good sounding low end, bright treble, good frequency separation of the instruments.

thats probably what it is. thats what i would guess anyways, a good mix in the song and overall sound.
proportion (prə-pôr'shən, -pōr'-) n.

proportionably (pro·por'tion·a·bly) adv.

1.A part considered in relation to the whole.
2.A relationship between things or parts of things with respect to comparative magnitude, quantity, or degree: the proper proportion between oil and vinegar in the dressing.
3.A relationship between quantities such that if one varies then another varies in a manner dependent on the first: "We do not always find visible happiness in proportion to visible virtue" (Samuel Johnson).
4.Agreeable or harmonious relation of parts within a whole; balance or symmetry.
5.Dimensions; size. Often used in the plural.
6.Mathematics. A statement of equality between two ratios. Four quantities, a, b, c, d, are said to be in proportion if a/b = c/d.

Just a guess, but its probably a pretty good one. The only real way to know for sure, would have been to ask him.
Quote by MetlHed94

Well played, sir, well played.
Last edited by TheMooseKnuckle at Jun 9, 2011,