Do any of you guys have the Zoom G21nu? If so, how do you like it? Have you tried the Digitech rp355? If you've tried both, which one sounds better? I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the rp355, but if you can convince me that the G21nu is better......
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
I haven't used either of those exact models, but in my experience Zoom has better distortion, and Digitech has better effects. So it depends on what you need it for.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

I'd like to have it for amp modeling, effects, and distortion, but distortion is my least priority and the effects are my highest priority.
i don't know where you are at, but i have a zoom 2.1u that i am looking to sell. its basically brand new, i won it at a guitar competition. its not the new one, but i just thought i would throw that out there.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Basically for the price that you're paying, Zoom is a really good pedal. I managed to chunk out really good tones out of the preset patches. You got to watch your amp settings though.
I've been impressed by the tiny pedal again and again for numerous times.

However i noticed that RP355 has 3 footswitches over Zoom's 2. Which i find it the only disadvantage of the pedal as you got to skip a few patches to reach the desired one when you're playing something random/jamming.... And by the time you reach your desired patch, your inspiration would have long gone before you know it. (No idea if RP355 is it up and down too or is on/off switches)
Last edited by Blooddrunk_Moon at Jun 8, 2011,

I posted in your other thread about it. The G2.1nu is really great for what it does, its simple, cheap, and effective. It's got pretty good amp models, and the effects are fine. I've heard effects are better on the RP series, but I haven't tried one myself so i cant say.

Biggest point of the G2.1nu would be its huge as **** display so even in a dark room / stage you can see it.

Good luck in your purchase.

Also, stop by our DSP thread when you buy one. Link in my sig.
I heard the effects and amps are combined in the G21nu? How does that work?
Quote by kutless999
I heard the effects and amps are combined in the G21nu? How does that work?

Combined? o.O

oh if you're talking about the boosts and the amp models, yes. The "amp" section also consists of overdrive pedals like the Ibby TS-9 / Great Muff and others.
Quote by Syriel
Combined? o.O

oh if you're talking about the boosts and the amp models, yes. The "amp" section also consists of overdrive pedals like the Ibby TS-9 / Great Muff and others.

So can you put any stompbox with any amp model?
Quote by kutless999
So can you put any stompbox with any amp model?

Nope. You have to choose. Either put an overdrive pedal in the signal chain, or put an amp model in the chain.

You can't do the usual TS-9 -> High Gain Amp because they're contained in the same section of the menu.