Hey guys so ive done a lot of research on some amps in my price range and narrowed it down to 2 amps.
I am about to start a metal band (yes another metal band lol) and i need some more opinions before i buy either.

Krank Rev. Jr 50 (used) for 400$
Peavey XXX (used) for 500$

I wont be really needing too much wattage but i just need the better "tone" choice for gigging (small-medium gigs).
I am aiming towards a Killswitch engage or August burns red tone. Thanks for viewing!
I have the Peavey XXX combo, I bought it almost 3 years ago now and I love it, its great. The cleans are good, dirty, and its quite the metal amp. I play alot of LoG, Parkway drive, some protest the hero and it does Bodom pretty good too. I've also played carol of the bells on it a couple times and its pretty good.
just give me a fender and let me rip
Quote by sk8board3r
I have the Peavey XXX combo, I bought it almost 3 years ago now and I love it, its great. The cleans are good, dirty, and its quite the metal amp. I play alot of LoG, Parkway drive, some protest the hero and it does Bodom pretty good too. I've also played carol of the bells on it a couple times and its pretty good.

Have you had any experience with the Krank Rev Jr Pro?
why do you keep posting so many amp threads, you know you can stick to some of them, and repost.

do some of you own research. you have been on here a matter of days and have started like 7 or so threads on this in the last few days.

go out and play them. see if you like them. if you can't go out and play them, listen to youtube demos, or netmusicians.org demos.

make the decision yourself.

i will tell you, that i have never heard a krank amp i have liked, and i really am not a fan of the XXX either. but that is my opinion. you may love krank, but you gotta get what tickels your fancy, not anybody elses.

either will do the job fine for a metal band, so just get what you like better after listening to them.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
The Krank will probably get you closer to an ABR tone since the XXX is a brighter metal amp... that being said I personally love the XXX
It'll be a good call either way!
Gear
Carvin custum dc 747
Ibanez rg 520qs
Homemade Nocaster
Hofner violin bass
Hughes & Kettner Swithcblade 100 head
Ampeg v-4 412's (one with veteran 30's one with stock speakers)
Randall 412
Vintage Supra
ISP Decimater G-string