Just wondering, is anyone crazy about Danelectro pedals like I am?

I mean, they're plastic most of the time.. but really if you don't abuse them they won't abuse your sound, you know?

I've got a Fish n Chips EQ and a Chili Dog Octave. Both are great.
I used to own the Danelectro corned beef reverb. It was actually a pretty decent pedal. Great price too.
I think the Danelectro Fab line is okay too. I bought my sister a Fab metal distortion pedal (i was short on cash) and it sounded waaaaaayyyy better than I, and she, thought it would.
I also used to own a fab overdrive, which wasn't bad either.

A lot of people mainly judge them 'cause they're made of plastic. You just have to treat them right, and they'll be solid pedals that will last a very long time.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
One of my two pedals is a Danelectro Cool Cat Distortion. It's not bad, since I only paid fifteen bucks, but it could certainly be better. It gives me like 30 seconds of sustain though.
Squier Strat
Squier Classic Vibe Duo-Sonic
Jay Turser JT-220
Fender Frontman 65r

What can I say? I like cheap gear.
I like my FAB overdrive and I'm keeping it. Plastic doesn't bother me. I've had it for almost two years. I bought it because I figured if it was a mistake it was only $30. So far, so good.
Smile when you say that.
For the most part, I love 'em. Right now I've got a Cool Cat Tremolo, Cool Cat Vibe (modded for instant switch-on) and Fab Echo on my board, a Cool Cat Fuzz I use for recorded overdubs, a Black Coffee I use for feedback loops, I just sold a Chili Dog, and I'm looking for a deal on a French Toast. The plastic ones I always use loop switchers for, but the Cool Cats are fine just plug and play. Awesome sound quality, very reliable, and you can't beat the price. Plus, not a pedal, but I'd never use any power supply but my Danelectro--it's much quieter than Boss, Visual Sound, you name it. I wish they made a 12v supply I could use for my Superfuzz. Oh, and the Sitar Swami. Just...the fact that it exists makes me so, so happy.

EDIT: I meant the Black Licorice, not Black Coffee. The one with the abominable octave drop effect.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
Last edited by AeolianSeventh at Jun 8, 2011,
I circuit bent the $20 echo, got a cool shiny wall-of-sound out of it, but when i took it off my board I realized how much tone is sucked. Still have the FAB distortion, planning on replacing it
i myself have the Fish N Chips and that thingy rocks hard! for only 30 bux you get 7 bands and a boost. wtf? the other 2 EQs that i've seen that were close to the price were this chinese shit that looked like crap (let alone sound good) and this artec thingy that was 50bux and would never really get close to Danelectro's quality the best bang of the buck i've ever gotten

as for something else, i'm waiting for the Fab Flanger to arrive. let's see what that baby's got for me
I bought a FAB Chorus for AU$10, new about three years ago and it's fine.
I already had chorus pedals, figured $10 would either see it on eBay, given to someone or I'd build a new home for it.

When I stop procrastinating I'll start constructio..... ooooh, look there's a fly in the room.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
I had a Dano chorus as well, sounded like a wonder. It ended when i jumped from a drum podium and landed right on it, but to be fair most pedals would break because of that.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

I use the Cool Cat Fuzz and Dan echo regularly, and have been more than satisfied with the sound.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
I really like the quality for money you get from the Dano stuff (plus the packaging always has a nice retro feel to it). I use the Fab Echo for rockabilly slapback and it does it's job. Pure, simple and cheap.
Quote by Gord@k
I had a Dano chorus as well, sounded like a wonder. It ended when i jumped from a drum podium and landed right on it, but to be fair most pedals would break because of that.

You could use a Boss pedal like a hammer to demolish the drum riser and it wouldn't break.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
You could use a Boss pedal like a hammer to demolish the drum riser and it wouldn't break.

Okay, I was curious, so I did that with a DS-2. There was a seriously unpleasant noise about three minutes in. I don't know whether the pedal still works, because I dropped it when I heard the sirens (well I wasn't going to demolish my drum riser) but I'm pretty sure something broke.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
I've used a Boss SD-1 as a chock on the wheel of a (somewhat knackered) car to stop it rolling when the brakes had given up and we'd run out of petrol. It did just fine until we found a large rock to shove in there. And it worked at the gig.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
For the price you pay, The Dano 7-band is AWESOME. Haven't used any others.

Since getting my MXR 10-band I don't use my dano anymore.. But you just cannot beat the fact that I paid 30 bucks for a great EQ pedal.
I have a Cool Cat chorus and think it sounds great. Only issue is that I don't use chorus at all anymore, so it's just sitting at my parents' house gathering dust.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex