Hey all, I posted on here a couple of days ago asking for advice on a guitar for thrash metal, I've pretty much decided that a VMNT is probably the way to go, I've heard the United Abominations guitar isn't really that good, so decided to look at the Endgame one and take out the stock pickups and replace them with Mustaine livewires, anyone got any better suggestions? Also, what's the difference between the United Abominations guitar and the Endgame one?

Ideally I'd want a Rust in Peace or an Angel of Death, but can't justify the cost as it wouldn't be my main guitar
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Don't bother, they're cheap guitars with a ridiculous price tag because Dave's name is on them*. Not the everything Dean makes it's bad, most of the signature models however...

I'm with this, same with any other guitar that's is signature.
You're better off buying a Stock guitar with the same pick ups from a better company.
I own a Dean myself, and they are good guitars, just not as good for your money.

Still, your choice. Make sure you try the guitar out first most importantly.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
yeah dont get the VMNT. Get the ESP LTD V-300. A much better guitar.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
People in this thread are crazy, but then again, the Endgame "VMNT" isn't a real VMNT, the VMNT1 series are the best guitars Mustaine have ever had, if you want a VMNT, go for the real deal or don't get one at all.

Also, the differences between the UA and Endgame, UA has worse pickups, unfinished neck, that's about it.
Last edited by Spartan101400 at Jun 8, 2011,
I'm not.

The DV8 is insanely good for the money you can pick them up for

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
I'm not.

The DV8 is insanely good for the money you can pick them up for

Are you talking about the version with the SD JB 59 set or the one with Livewires that were put in right before he ditched them? I've played the DV8 and I found that for the money, even when it was 2nd hand, you get more bang for your buck with the VMNT (better woods, neck profile, etc.)
The good one, with the Livewires and the neck through body with the thin U and sperzels, lovely guitar.

Neck profile is subjective dude.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I was just watching an interview with Dave Mustaine the other day. In there he said that he never actually wanted to leave Jackson guitars and that he had planned to buy up the company multiple times. Then Dean apparently made him a great offer and he took it. But he also said that he never really liked being with ESP.

So if you want what Dave really preferred go for a Jackson King V or something. Or you can shell out a 1000+ for his current signature. I do like ESP tho, my first electric was an ESP/LTD and it's a nice little thing.
Get an Esp V401 or Jackson Kv5fr. It will be nicer then a vmnt.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Last edited by King of King V at Jun 8, 2011,
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Looking at your signature, something tells me you might be slightly biased..

I own multiple guitars, I had other things I had to put into my sig so I only listen my primary instrument.
Make your own! I did and I Love it
Here's the link to how i did it
http://guitardedwebtrickery.blogspot.com/2011/05/once-upon-time-i-built-guitar.html
I didn't build all the pieces. Warmoth built them for me but you know, a custom guitar to my house in less time than if I would have asked another company and 1500 bucks isn't a bad price to pay for a custom job.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
He said leaving ESP had absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the instruments and it was a business move.

This. Mustaine said in an interview with Guitar Center that he left ESP because the owners refused to allow him a guitar that was similar to (or an exact copy of) a Jackson Randy Rhoads/King V and as a result they were not making him the guitar he wanted. He said the instruments were amazing, but because they weren't exactly what he wanted he always felt dissatisfied.

Funny 'cause the Alexi ESPs look super close to Jackson Rhoads models (at least to me they do).
From a thread asking if it is safe to tell someone the serial number on your amp:
Quote by JAHellraiser
omg dont do it! he can hack your amp get the b00tiful t00b t0anz
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Don't bother, they're cheap guitars with a ridiculous price tag because Dave's name is on them*. Not the everything Dean makes it's bad, most of the signature models however...

I'd recommend looking in the LTD V-300. Very similar specs, much better pickups, build quality, value for money. Plus Dave used to play ESP before he moved to Dean, IIRC that shape was his signature model.

*In my opinion based on the information I've found out about them.

+1 the cheap deans are pretty bad guitars.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
If TS was looking at the Endgame VMNT which was 400 US dollars and wants to install 180 dollar pickups, why doesn't he just save up to get the black or silver VMNT1?
I bought a dean razorback years ago when they first came out (it was a korean one) and it wasn't bad... I had to change the trem out though as licensed dean trems suck. With the gotoh though it sounds great... but in saying that I think cheaper deans are now made in china? I picked up one at a guitar shop recently and it felt much worse to play than my Dean did. I heard thats part of the reason why Dean Z left... the quality went down and he didn't want anything to do with them? I could be wrong though. I'd get a jackson V.
Quote by JackalUK
I find my DV8 easier to play compared to my Horizon.

How much did you get it for?
Honk
Quote by Darth_jacob22
This. Mustaine said in an interview with Guitar Center that he left ESP because the owners refused to allow him a guitar that was similar to (or an exact copy of) a Jackson Randy Rhoads/King V and as a result they were not making him the guitar he wanted. He said the instruments were amazing, but because they weren't exactly what he wanted he always felt dissatisfied.

Funny 'cause the Alexi ESPs look super close to Jackson Rhoads models (at least to me they do).

Thats because somebody stole his actual Jackson made custom guitars and he went to ESP as they said they could build replacements in a matter of months, not years like Jackson could.

Hence why they ended up blowing out those black/yellow RR24s which were unofficially the production run of his signature.

Korean built LTDs to me tend to be better than the Korean built Deans

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Mukersman
How much did you get it for?

£500, down from £800 as he had just moved to Dean when I picked it up.
Tasty, I saw one on ebay the other month and regret not getting it.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb