I have a VK 212 amplifier and would like to know how I may drain the capacitors in this amp so that I may safely navigate the inside of my amp. Any and all help would be appreciated. I checked the VK wiki and there isn't anything in there on how to do it.
Quote by Tyler.Allain
I have a VK 212 amplifier and would like to know how I may drain the capacitors in this amp so that I may safely navigate the inside of my amp. Any and all help would be appreciated. I checked the VK wiki and there isn't anything in there on how to do it.

People that work on electronics will usually use a tool that is attached to their bench. It's basically like a probe tipped screwdriver that has a grounding strap on it. The strap is either attached to the bench permanently, or has an alligator clip on it. Then, with it properly grounded and the item on the bench with the caps in it.... touch both ends of the cap (both leads, but not at same time). As long as it's a small houshold item and uses less than 250 volts or so, all will be ok.
Quote by IbanezBossShred
Disclaimer, if you get shocked and die, it's cuz u were stoopid! 8>p

No worries if I am not absolutely sure I have the common sense to do something successfully I either ask a trained individual to assist me or do it for me.