Why are teenagers today so against looking smart?

I don't understand! At my school we have a uniform and for one of the first time this year I took my jumper off. My shirt is a bit too long so obviously I tuck it in. But when I did people were acting like I had committed murder or something
"Why the **** have you got your shirt tucked in...you look like a ******" and many more comments like this were made.

This is when I realised that I almost never see teenagers in my area smartly dressed. No one ever tucks their shirt in, or has properly ironed trousers or anything. I don't expect them to be wearing suits all the time but why so untidy and negative to the tidy people?

They don't shout at teachers for being smartly dressed, so why their fellow peers
It's not how big your pencil is; it's how you write your name.
Because it's cool and against the system like.

I never really used to tuck in my shirt, but that was because it made me look fat if I did
🙈 🙉 🙊
Nerd.

Also, TS, how does it feel to be superior over everyone and get no pussy?
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by Ahteh

Does that answer your question?

No, because that's not well dressed.
🙈 🙉 🙊
I have to tuck in my shirt at work. But I look messed up. Skinny jeans and a poofy green button up shirt does not go well together.

But in high school we had a uniform but I wore the polo shirt, so no need to tuck it in and you still looked like a tool anyway.
In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.

╔═══╗
║  ██ ║
╠═══╣
║╬  •• ║
╚═══╝
because tucking in your shirt is for fags...

I don't get it either, I do understand the top button being undone, we got told off by out teachrs for it but we could barley breath it done up so naturally we ignored that one. We also had blazers which we had to wear every day (if it was hot we had to wait for the head teacher to send a message around school that we were allowed to take it off) the blazer were the worst thing they came up with.
* If my punctuation seems off, it's because my shift button is broken *

I've wanted everyone to dress like the 1920s again since I was 12, nothing suaver than a suit, waistcoat and pocketwatch.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Cause punk is still alive, man.

But seriously, I hate tucking in my shirt if it's a polo or something. I love wearing tuxedos though. (if you've ever seen my profile picture, you can tell).
pinga
Quote by Lost Dog
Your school sounds like it sucks, no offense.

It does suck

and its not as if I was dressed like a nerd it was like this

I honestly don't see what's wrong with that
It's not how big your pencil is; it's how you write your name.
Quote by entity0009
No, because that's not well dressed.

My point was that people associate tucked in shirts with "nerds".

EDIT: To the post above, that kind of style is cool, but it doesn't really work for young kids. Then again I don't know what ages we're talking here.
Quote by kbabz22
because tucking in your shirt is for fags...

I don't get it either, I do understand the top button being undone, we got told off by out teachrs for it but we could barley breath it done up so naturally we ignored that one. We also had blazers which we had to wear every day (if it was hot we had to wait for the head teacher to send a message around school that we were allowed to take it off) the blazer were the worst thing they came up with.

Oh god, blazers are horrible.
Yes they're useful, but you should be allowed to choose whether you carry it or wear it. In the summer at my school we get detention if we're walking around the corridors with our blazers off.
Tucking your shirt in is the final stage of becoming a man. I did it a few months ago. I felt sexy.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Quote by cptcomet
Tucking your shirt in is the final stage of becoming a man. I did it a few months ago. I felt sexy.

It doesn't work when you're fat

Just in the past few months I've made the transition from just band t-shirt and shoddy looking jeans to nice button up shirts and better looking jeans, makes me look older. I like it.
Then don't tuck your shirt in. Just roll it up so it looks like tucked in. Problem solved.
Quote by Spartan101400
Don't know about you people, but I wore a ****ing suit. Why? Because Professionalism>Sweatpants/Pajamapants.

You wore a suit at school?

I mean I wore a blazer and a haphazardly put on tie but a suit.. dude.
Quote by Trowzaa

I've wanted everyone to dress like the 1920s again since I was 12, nothing suaver than a suit, waistcoat and pocketwatch.

+1. Any time I wear a suit, it's the full suit, waistcoat and pocketwatch combo.

I also think that mutton chops should make a comeback. My sideburns are pretty good, but I want them bushier!
Quote by Spartan101400
Don't know about you people, but I wore a ****ing suit. Why? Because Professionalism>Sweatpants/Pajamapants.

You should wear a suit on your UG inquisitions!
Quote by Lost Dog
You should wear a suit on your UG inquisitions!

I can't, my friend. With my hair long now, it doesn't look right, back in the day, I had the Albert Wesker haircut and the suit, very professional.
Quote by cptcomet

Pretty much this. Therefore you do look out of place in high school with it like that. Younger teens are scruffy, that's just it. I used to get in trouble at school every day for not tucking my shirt in, but these days (if the occasion is smart enough to warrant a shirt) I quite like it.
Well I think it could be because, **** YOU, I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME **** YOU, I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME **** YOU, I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME **** YOU, I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME **** YOU, I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME **** YOU, I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME **** YOU, I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME **** YOU, I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME **** YOU, I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME **** YOU, I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME **** YOU, I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME **** YOU, I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME **** YOU, I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME **** YOU, I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME **** YOU, I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME **** YOU, I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME **** YOU, I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME
Quote by guitarhero_764
Because dressing up is stupid and there are better ways to look =/. There's no such thing as "well dressed".

Yes there is. Grey suit, waistcoat, poketwatch. Sideburns recommended.
Its probably because most people tend to dress more comfortably and with less fuss. Personally I wear shirts a lot and occasionly a waist coat but I don't tuck my shirt in because it just gets a nuisance having to sort it out so it doesn't look wrinkly after going to the toilet and such. Tucking it in also makes more creases than just letting it hang when I do it. Smart, casual and comfortable is the way to go.
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
^ Well yeah. Hence the smiley.

I think I'm a man of extremes. It's either jeans and a nerdy tshirt, or full on Victorian gentleman.
It has been a year since I wore a shirt and tie because I have finished high school but in a couple of weeks my mum is getting married and I have to wear a suit, it is going to be beautiful, top buttons done up, blazers, ties, nice shoes the full works and I can't wait, I do wish I had a waist coat for the evening though........and a hat......maybe i play LA Noire too much or maybe it just looks damn good
* If my punctuation seems off, it's because my shift button is broken *