ok so im getting a multi effects pedal, my budget would be €250 max (about $300 give or take) maybe more if a good one came along.

Just want one that would:
a) have loads of effects (obvious i know but still )
b) expression pedal
c) pretty durable too

as ye can tell i dont really know that much about it so advice would be very much appreciated.

I've done some looking round and got down to these few, your opinions on them or any that i havent mentioned would be cool.

1. ZOOM G 7.1UT GUITAR FX
2. ZOOM G2.1NU
3. Boss ME-70
4. DIGITECH RP500
5. DIGITECH RP 255

Ok so thats it, i know its a far few but like i said im not really an expert so just wondering whats the best all rounder any help would be appreciated.

Cheers in advance
My first pedal was a digitech RP150. I am not overly experienced with guitar but for my first pedal it kept me busy. Got me going with loads of effects and pre-sets. Now it sits in a bin never getting used as i went and got individual stompboxes (which i find to be way better sounding). The nice thing is that it came with a pc interface via usb.

As for the ones you have mentioned i cant be any help as i have not used any of them. But if i could go back i would of saved myself $200 on the RP150 and invested that into a better amp
Yea, you could get an Hd300 for $300. That would be better than all those units.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
With a little patience and luck, you can get a used Boss GT-10 for the same price as a new ME-70
I don't think the HD would be in your budget, but you can probably get a Line 6 POD X3 for that price, probably new, definitely used, and it should give you everything you need.

Has an expression pedal, has 90+ effects, rugged as shit (I've owned mine for 4 years, and taken it all over the place without a case; it looks jaded, but it performs perfectly).

And a shit-ton of amp models on top of that.

I've found ZOOMs, to be unreliable, Digitechs to not sound so good, and Bosses to suck tone.

I'm a Line 6 man all the way.

I actually owned a triple rec a little while back, and sold it because the X3 could get me the distortion tone I wanted (and just about nail a rec sound, too), while being more versatile, more convenient, and cheaper (I sold the rec for a profit, hell yeah.)
Quote by Wolffgang
I've found ZOOMs, to be unreliable, Digitechs to not sound so good, and Bosses to suck tone.
While nobody can dispute your personal experience. I don't think that others are sharing it. The X3 has been unreliable wrt footswitches. The Boss GT-8/GT-10 have been respected for FX, not so much for distortion, and tone suck is not a complaint. And the newer Digitech units are getting good marks for tone. But the feature set is a bit limited.
Quote by icedphoenix
With a little patience and luck, you can get a used Boss GT-10 for the same price as a new ME-70

This.

But out of the 5 you listed, i'd go for the Boss ME-70, no doubt.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by fly135
While nobody can dispute your personal experience. I don't think that others are sharing it. The X3 has been unreliable wrt footswitches. The Boss GT-8/GT-10 have been respected for FX, not so much for distortion, and tone suck is not a complaint. And the newer Digitech units are getting good marks for tone. But the feature set is a bit limited.

Fair to say. They'll probably all get the job done, I just like the way Line 6 does it.
Quote by Wolffgang
Fair to say. They'll probably all get the job done, I just like the way Line 6 does it.
Especially if it's the new HD. I just picked up an M5 and am very impressed.
@slasher2169 It just depends what units sounds best to you.

Anyways, go for the new Hd series.
I had an ME-50 and liked at for a long while, really reliable and decent sound...definately not a fan of the digitech But I've also heard good things about the Line 6 ones
Gear
Carvin custum dc 747
Ibanez rg 520qs
Homemade Nocaster
Hofner violin bass
Hughes & Kettner Swithcblade 100 head
Ampeg v-4 412's (one with veteran 30's one with stock speakers)
Randall 412
Vintage Supra
ISP Decimater G-string
Quote by EscapingAnxiety
I had an ME-50 and liked at for a long while, really reliable and decent sound...definately not a fan of the digitech But I've also heard good things about the Line 6 ones

I don't like how the Boss ME series sounds. It sounds to fuzzy to me.
I used to have the Tonelab LE, and was really pleased with many of the sounds it helped me make. In fact, i have been contemplating buying another, and would have already done so if it had a looper.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Quote by ecvMatt
I used to have the Tonelab LE, and was really pleased with many of the sounds it helped me make. In fact, i have been contemplating buying another, and would have already done so if it had a looper.

My only problem with my tonelab was how some effects were limited to the same knob... I ended up with a Line 6 M13 and love it - a lot of that is because it works pretty much like having 12 boxes that can be set to any effect instead of a traditional MXF with patches.
Quote by fly135
Why no Pod HD series? And why list the RP255 if you have the RP500 in the list?

+1 and why not tonelab?

The Vox Tonelab STand EX are great values for the money. They're also the most underrated multi effects pedals on the market...
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
You can get the pod hd300 in that price range. Much better than anything else you have listed
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by Willowthewitch
+1 and why not tonelab?

The Vox Tonelab STand EX are great values for the money. They're also the most underrated multi effects pedals on the market...

Yea if you like overdrive. And how do you replace the tube when it brakes?
Quote by Willowthewitch
The Vox Tonelab ST
Unfortunately lacks the awesomeness of the looper. My buddy offered me either an ST or ME-25 for $125 each. I compared them head to head and took the ME-25.

ME-25 beats ST with: 38 sec looper, separate delay and modulation fx, freeze effect.

ST beat ME-25 with: Better ergonomics in the user interface.

Everything else was basically the same. Not even much to distinguish them tonewise.