For anyone who's wondering what I mean by a triple shot, it's this.

I'm considering getting a set along with a new set of pups for My Epi G-400, which seemed simple enough until I looked at which model to get. The model codes confused me.

After a little digging, however, I found this explanation from Frank Falbo on the SD forums-

TS1 (individual) and TS1s (set): TB means it's the same size as our Trembucker mounting ring. It is universal, and usable for any flat mount guitar like Ibanez, Schecter, ESP, etc. Also there's no neck and bridge. Its the same ring for both. Unlike our Trembucker ring which has a lightly textured, satin finish, these Triple Shot rings are shiny.

TS2n (neck) TS2b (bridge) and TS2s (set) are "Les Paul" sized which means they should work on any arch topped guitar. Basically they are the same dimensions as the rings we ship out with our Antiquity Humbuckers.

Seems simple enough, but it ain't.

The following quote came from Mr Falbo just a few posts later, in the same thread-

The one ring missing right now from the line-up is the "SG" ring, meaning non-arched (flat bottom) but still angled to match a neck angle and tune-o-matic, neck short, bridge tall. The TB ring can be used on an SG or other guitar with a t-o-m, though, you but the pickup will look like its sticking pretty far out of the ring. You can "ring stack" if necessary. You can take the LP ring and sand it flat, but it's pretty dangerous because the Triple Shot is already mounted in there.

We had to leave the "SG" ring off the list for now. Statistically it's a small fraction of sales compared to flat rings or Les Paul rings. We'll see how it goes.

We were cautiously optimistic, but so far it seems like it will be a big success. We thought we'd wait a year or so before doing creams. But now everyone is crying for cream Triple Shots, and we're going to sell through the first batch of all of these black ones in record time. So I'll be able to add cream much sooner than I initially thought. Maybe that means by next year's NAMM I can add the SG ring. But I have to wait. There's no track record yet to point to, to justify the tool up.

I refer to my earlier clause in which I state that I want to put a set of these in an Epi G-400, an SG.

Has anyone installed these in an SG and gotten away with it? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: It's probably worth pointing out that both these quotes are from 2009, and that Cream rings are now at least available. No sign of SG rings, though.
LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
I wonder if you get more out put if you wire a battery to your penis.
Last edited by NeutralFan at Jun 8, 2011,
so a flat mount would fit, just put them at a slight angle.
its hard to tell from pictures but if you can, like on any arch ones, you could file/sand an arched one to flat. thats only if the switches can be removed while you do it. it seems like a simple change, but i cant find any underside pics to see what they look like underneath. even if you can sand them a tiny bit smoother, arch rings on a flat guitar only leave a small gap. im sure you could figure something out... or use the flats and live with a slight angle. i bet you could work something out, i just wish i could see the underside to say more..
Quote by xadioriderx
here, read the post at 02-24-2011, 06:23 AM
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/archive/index.php/index.../t-1313027.html

it doesnt say which, but its recent and its been done. maybe ask him if you can?

Interesting. Cheers mate, nice digging.

I think I might just sign up for HC so that I can give that guy a bell. In any case, it's relieving to know that it can be done.

Quote by xadioriderx

Hmm, maybe I could just get an arched model and sand it down after all. I'm sure if I sand it the right way I could get the taper right. I'll wait and see what this guy over at HC has to say.
LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
Okay, I've just signed up for HC and sent this guy a message. Fingers crossed he can remember what he did.

LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
Quote by chiphead2332
Any news on the SG Triple Shot front?

Nope, but I think that using the arched tall and short rings will do the trick in the meantime. I think.

Unfortunately, I'm stilll yet to buy these things. Forgetfulness and lack of money is a potent combination.

LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_