Will be in New York for a few days later this year and I might as well take advantage of the currency rate even if it is low compared to what it was last time I went to the USA. So if let me know which shops are good in the Manhattan area, I'll prob only look at pedals but if I see a nice guitar at a nice price, who know.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
I had very good experiences at Rudys (especially the one not by Times Square).
Bought a guitar from Matt Umanov Guitars on Bleecker Street.

Guitar Center was a waste of time.
Sam Ash was a waste of time.

I was mainly looking at guitars > pedals so I can't give you specifics on which are best for what.

If you're going to be there for a while you might want to put an order in early with PGS and have them deliver it to your hotel. The range of pedals on that website makes me hard.
Last edited by Duv at Jun 8, 2011,
Oooh nice, had a look at both of them online earlier. I take it that what with buying a flight case and then all the hassle of getting it back home that a guitar is not really that much of a bargain?

Also keep them coming.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
When I bought the Gretsch it was $2:£1, with tax and a hardcase I still saved money. And it was exciting buying a guitar abroad and all that.

Euro's looking pretty good at the moment, you should probably still get a decent deal. In fact when I was in NY in September most stuff was still a good amount cheaper than England.
Don't know if there is some confusion but Northern Ireland's currency is pounds, not euros.

Thanks
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
I like Rudy's. But just use google search, there are many. Rudy's smaller shop has awesome guitars, but their bigger location has lots of other things.
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard with Bigsby
Gibson Custom ES-137
Gibson Custom 54' Les Paul VOS Goldtop
Gretsch G6129T Silver Jet
1968 Harmony Rocket H75

Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (modded)
1970 Fender Twin Reverb (blackfaced)

Thanks for all the help.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock