I recently purchased POD farm and was interested in throwing in some realistic drums into the sequence. I own a http://www.amazon.com/YAMAHA-DD55-General-Digital-System/dp/B00005T3J8">Yamaha DD55 Drum Pad. I own a Tascam us 144 interface as well. For software I own reaper, and have access to cubase. I use ez drummer for my drum sounds. Im new to using MIDI stuff. My drum pad has a midi output. My interface has a midi input.

Does this mean if I get a MIDI cord I can use my drum pad to trigger sounds from EZ drummer using the software/modules I have?
Sorry for a nooby question, but I dont want to waste my money.
/facepalm

Anyone here ever heard of GOOGLE? It'd save 90% of the stupidity here. Yes, thats the purpose of Midi
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Hey guy. I really appreciate all your cooperation. I like you a lot. I totally didnt apologize in the question because I knew I was asking a dumb question or anything? right?
And I honestly. I thought I knew exactly what a MIDI controller is. But the fact that my drum pad had a MIDI input as well through me off. next time Im unsure of something, and want to ask a question concerning the specific hardware/software I have. Ill waste my money instead. because then Ill have to communicate with human beings like you
lockwolf, you are the epidemy of a douchbag. instead of maybe being helpful and pointing someone in the right direction, you sit here and chastise someone with a legitimate question. you my friend, are a fool.
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Quote by htsktim91989
lockwolf, you are the epidemy of a douchbag. instead of maybe being helpful and pointing someone in the right direction, you sit here and chastise someone with a legitimate question. you my friend, are a fool.

You sir, have not been around this board very long...

Also, sigged
it's true though. There isn't anything on the boards that can't be googled. The purpose of the forums is to help people and to discuss stuff. If we remove everything that can be googled, there won't be any discussion anymore.
I've been here longer than you, does that make you feel better than when that other dude said it?
so, since when did june 2007 come before may 2007?
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Quote by xNIHILISMx

Does this mean if I get a MIDI cord I can use my drum pad to trigger sounds from EZ drummer using the software/modules I have?
Sorry for a nooby question, but I dont want to waste my money.

First read up on midi -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musical_Instrument_Digital_Interface

MIDI can be transferred through MIDI Cables or USB.

Your interface has midi input, yes you can.
Quote by Darkflame
it's true though. There isn't anything on the boards that can't be googled. The purpose of the forums is to help people and to discuss stuff. If we remove everything that can be googled, there won't be any discussion anymore.
I've been here longer than you, does that make you feel better than when that other dude said it?

I partially agree, in that the whole point of this particular forum (i.e the Recordings forum/subforum) is to ask questions about recording/audio engineering that are not already threads on here and are not simple 5-second google jobs. The idea is to ask intelligent questions, that rationalise a valuable debate or discussion; and in some cases for people to write out guides to help out people new to the art.

As for how long you've been a member - irrelevant. Lockwolf is referring to how long you've been actively participating in the Recordings forum and it stands a fair chance that as none of us recognise you, you are not a regular poster here.

Quote by htsktim91989
so, since when did june 2007 come before may 2007?

Please see above.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Last edited by DisarmGoliath at Jun 8, 2011,
Quote by DisarmGoliath
I partially agree, in that the whole point of this particular forum (i.e the Recordings forum/subforum) is to ask questions about recording/audio engineering that are not already threads on here and are not simple 5-second google jobs. The idea is to ask intelligent questions, that rationalise a valuable debate or discussion; and in some cases for people to write out guides to help out people new to the art.

This

I did a quick google on "Midi out to Midi In" and it pops up Tweakheads Midi 101 guide which explains everything on how to use midi, set midi up and all sorts of shit on midi. Its pretty much better than anything us here can give.

I know I'm a douchebag, but I sit here and read 90% of posts that come through here. A lot of them can be solved with a simple Google