Hi, im looking for a good amp for practising and home recording that is also a valve amp so I can crank it up to get natrual valve over drive, however I live in an incredibly small apartment so it cant be a high wattage, i've heard about this amp, I was just wondering if any owners of it could tell me there opinions on it before I go blow the cash.

I've watched professional reviews on youtube but I would like to hear from some acctualy owners who hav bought it themselves what they think. Thankyou.
If you live in a really small apartment with thin walls, the HT-5 might be too loud. It may be low wattage, but I can keep up with a drummer with it cranked. You might want to look at the HT-1 instead. As far as tone goes, it's great. The amp itself is really versatile and has a ton of gain on tap. It's also got a cool ISF switch that can switch the voicing between American and British.

Hope I helped!
i have a ht5 combo and its a pretty good amp if you are limited on space, has a good sound too, which surprised me since ive found that most single speaker amps sound kinda muddy. worth the money? i would say so, but its always good to have your own opinion of gear you buy, go to a guitar center and see if they have one that you could demo
Ibanez - Art320
Dean - Mustaine VMNT (silver)
BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone
Line6 Spider Valve II 212, Blackstar HT5C
Quote by Sharktoothinlay
Hi, im looking for a good amp for practising and home recording that is also a valve amp so I can crank it up to get natrual valve over drive,

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Is that a typo? Did you mean to say 'natural opamp overdrive?'
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
natural diode pregain-not-clipping overdrive

Seriously, though, it's not the TS's fault he's fallen for the marketing.

Long story short, while there is a preamp and power amp valve in the HT5, there's also a lot of solid state stuff going on too. If you like the tone, then great, but don't buy it thinking you're getting pure valve overdrive, because you aren't.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It's quite a big amp for 5W (and loud). It's a lot better on overdrive than on clean channel as well. That said, I'm quite happy with mine but you may want to look at the HT-1 which wasn't around when I got mine.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
I got an HT5 mini stack for home and practice..
I tried it out in the shop.... took my own guitar...a Gibson ES339.... and the guy in the shop played my guitar to demo the amp....which was cool.... Then left me to noodle arouns for as long as I wanted.
Im a novice player.... and had been using a Vypyr 15 before.... so the Blackstar sounded hugely different... and so much better.
It looks and feels quality...and the tone is great for home playing.
I havent pushed the amp the way some more experienced players might have... so Im more than happy with it.
I like mine, diodes or no diodes. It is a bit on the loud side though...I haven't tried the 1W version but it might suit you better.
HT1 would be better for you.

Its plenty loud enough and sounds great!

You wont really get that real natural valve overdrive but id say its gets pretty close.

IMO. for the price of the HT1 you cant go wrong. Good cleans (little headroom), chunky rock tone and you can get some great modern metal sounds from it (even better with an overdrive).
Last edited by smokeysteve22 at Jun 9, 2011,
Quote by AxSilentxLine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQqiuynMwCQ

Basically what you guys just did to this thread

hehe
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
wow I can see by this thread that some how I failed. Damn you internet you are a heartless bitch.
nah we're just pointing out it's not all-tube. we don't want you to get suckered by the marketing.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?