I got a big gig coming up and the organizer asked me to perform some solo and me and my band have narrowed it down to one of these three but we can't decide on which so i want your help
1) Eruption- Van Halen
2) Farewell Ballad- Zakk Wylde
3) The Godfather- Slash

Youtube them if you don't know them and then make your pick :P Thx
Eruption will go over much better, it has tapping. People don't know that kind of tapping is piss easy.

Also, with eruption there's much more room for just pissing about and making it your own.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Farewell Ballad.
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Improvise?
That's your time to shine and show off your technical skill.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
You should make a video showing you playing all three and we can choose which one you play best?
Quote by Shinozoku
No, the guitar was built to play metal. Not pussy ass cowboy chords. They won't work on that guitar. Get a Gibson Hummingbird for that bullshit. .
UG'ers of Newfoundland
if you're playing with a band, then I don't think you should do eruption because, IIRC, the drums and bass stop playing at like 10 secs into teh song
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Drop acid, spew out blues riffs, and then whammy until your guitar is out of tune.
If you're comfortable improvising anyway then you should either come up with something original or at least come up with an instrumental version of a song that isn't already well known. If you just do Eurption or copy Slash then all anyone is going to think is "boy this kid is trying to be EVH and failing". No matter how well you do it, people will just be reminded of the original and they will always think the original is better which in turn will make them think you're terrible, even if you're actually Steve Vai in disguise.
Quote by grohl1987
If you're comfortable improvising anyway then you should either come up with something original or at least come up with an instrumental version of a song that isn't already well known. If you just do Eurption or copy Slash then all anyone is going to think is "boy this kid is trying to be EVH and failing". No matter how well you do it, people will just be reminded of the original and they will always think the original is better which in turn will make them think you're terrible, even if you're actually Steve Vai in disguise.

Not necessarily, it depends on the audience and how familiar they are with the songs.
I pride myself on my humility.
I think we need clips to see whichever one you're most comfortable playing / improvising to.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
<3 farewell ballad
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
I wish i could shoot vids but i don't own a camera believe it or not and i like to improve but i like to do it around the basic structure of a song because its easier and people can relate. I think i'm gonna go with eruption just because itll be way either to play standing up then farewell ballad :S
my mate did eruption at our gig had girls all over him for weeks lmfao! it went down really well over all!