Hey guys, my name is Daniel! (I'm pretty new here) I looking at some pedals for under $40, and I found a Behringer Feedback/Distortion pedaal for $24 on Amazon. I was wondering if Behringer makes decent stompboxes because I saw a lot of mixed reviews on the SD300. And if Behringer isn't a good brand for cheap effects, what is? If you guys could help me that'd be great!

-Daniel
people have very mixed opinions on Behringer's stuff.. personally, i don't think it's too bad. the build quality isn't great, because they're all made from plastic rather than metal, but a lot of their stuff sounds and works ok.
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
No, they have a terrible reputation for reliability. That goes for all of their products, from what I've read. Decent in function, but just not rugged enough to last is usually the consensus.

Look at Danelectro's Cool Cat series. I've had a couple and they're great for the price. I don't care for the layout of the enclosures, but they're solid at least.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
If you're just getting into effects i would advice stay away from them...brands like boss and digitech have the best bang for your buck but if you're strict about the under $40 thing you wont get too lucky but they are some of the cheaper ones that are good and reliable
While I've used a few Behringer items, I wouldn't trust them with something I was going to step on repeatedly...
I have a Behringer tuning pedal that does a good job, but as far as getting something for sound to go thur idk if behringer would be a good choice
"I have good eye-sight, insight, and foresight. How could an
intelligent hare make such a silly mistake?"
I use the behringer pb100 as a boost pedal, and have done so for the past two years, sans problems. Also, $24 aint exactly much to lose if you have to, so just return it if you don't like it. Also, I say this too much, but TRY BEFORE YOU BUY.
Quote by Cracked.com
Then they torched an Apple Store and made a PowerPoint about their experiences.
Personally i dnt mind it, some people swear by it, others hate eveything they stand for, quite mixed feelings really
Sorry i'm late, but my walk has got terribly silly today
Some of there products are great I have one of the Pre Mackie lawsuit mixers, and the build quality isn't mackie, the sound and function is great, and I always keep it in a case. I have a Bugera 333 that I think just might be one of the best tone/value there has ever been. But then you have the other 95% of there products that might preform OK, but are so lacking inbuild quality, thay are IMO a big waist of money. The lowest $ line of pedals I would suggest are the Digitech, and a couple of the Danelectro brand.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I've had some of their pedals. While they sounded decent while engaged (one specific tube amp modeler was a serious candidate for gig-worthiness) the moment I turned them off (except for, again, that tube amp modeler) they sucked out all of my tone.

I've also made the mistake of trying out a Behringer amp - the amp I had in my starterpack sounded better.

Their mixers and other assorted DJ gear is supposedly quite good though.

NOTE: I am intentionally not mentioning Bugera as I have little to no experience with them.

Honestly, for pedals on a budget, I'd reccommend Digitech or if you find a specifically good model (quality may vary between different versions of the exact same pedal) Danelectro.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Last edited by PsiGuy60 at Jun 8, 2011,
A lot of people don't like them just because they are plastic weather they admit that's why or not. Truth is, that plastic is pretty durable. You can throw them pretty far and they won't break. You may bend or break a pot/knob off but that can happen to a lot of other brands also if you throw them. I wouldn't run over them with a truck or anything.

As far as build quality, they are decent. No worse than some of the older Electro Harmonix pedals. EH's wires are by far one of the worst quality I've ever seen. You look at them crooked and they break.

Bottom line is they would be ok for bedroom use. Gigging? Maybe not. At least not all of them. Not all the Behringer pedals are plastic by the way. I believe the one you are looking at is metal.

For cheaper pedals with good quality look at Boss as mentioned before, I like the old DOD pedals (not really the chorus ones but others are cool), and if you don't mind plastic Danelectro are really good sounding for the price. There is also Biyang pedals and the many rebranded versions of them.
depends wha your standards are.

if your just starting out or want an effect without paying attention to detail, for the money they will work fine.

however, i have discovered in a live (loud) setting, they is a noticable negative tonal difference. they kill your tone. not suck, degrade, etc. kill it. with an axe. a double edged one.

but thats just me. i second BOSS. get on guitar center and look in the used section. you can get 40-50 dollar BOSS pedals every day in quantities.
Okay is an overstatement. If you want okay effects and good build check out boss. There's better than boss, but if you want cheap those are pretty good when bought used
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Are Behringer's mfx units any good? (i.e. The v amp 3 or pro)
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by kutless999
Are Behringer's mfx units any good? (i.e. The v amp 3 or pro)

they are on par with Line 6 POD 1st Generation, sound quality wise, but no more. But I cant comment on their build quality.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
they are on par with Line 6 POD 1st Generation, sound quality wise, but no more. But I cant comment on their build quality.

Then why is the v amp pro so expensive if it does not sound that good?
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
look at the diffrence in price for a POD and a POD pro in the same line your looking at a few hundred $ diff and asside from a few more presets, the selections are the same with the same sound quality. And I didn't say they didn't sound "good" , they might be around the POD 2.0 quality with the newer versions and you could get a leftover POD xt for cheap with way better sounds.
Now this is my OPINION.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate