So I've been having a problem lately, what with the hot weather and the whatnot - my hands are kind of sweaty or grimy, for lack of a better term, and this makes it much harder to play. I can't do smooth slides, and it just feels crappy playing, there's too much friction. Washing my hands doesn't help, and sometimes makes it worse.

Any tips for smoother playing?
Terrible even.
Elixir strings may do the trick
Quote by TheQuailman
I wish my amp sucked on my knob.

if you were to smash a child around the head with a full bottle of no more tears shampoo...would it be ironic if they cried
You can buy stuff that you rub across your frets to make the strings slicker, that might help. I mean, i'm not really sure of any other ways to help yah
Quote by cm880999
Not fast enough.. try playing this song i wrote it's called trolls delight!

heres the progression

A F Bb Gm E C D A Bm C Bm A Bm Bb Bm Cm Cb C Cbm A

played at 883 bmp change the chord every click

its pretty easy though
When my hands get clammy, I rub some baby powder on them and a little on the back of the neck.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
welcome to my world, i have a genetic condition that makes me sweat from my hands pretty much constantly. Needless to say my strings dont last 5 minutes
1. Wash hands with Soap
2. What "Sleaza_Disease" said: Elixir Strings
3. Clean strings after playthrough (even if it's elixirs, they will still die if you don't clean them)

Tried and tested because my hands sweat irregardless of temperature (obviously slower in colder climates but it will sweat like a bitch!)
I have the same problem, doesn't take much to make me sweat like a paedo in a playground. I put an electric fan behind me to keep me cool, saves you wiping your hands and guitar neck every 10 seconds.
Quote by ThatGuy_17
Tried and tested because my hands sweat irregardless of temperature (obviously slower in colder climates but it will sweat like a bitch!)

R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Assuming you know how to care for your neck and strings... wipe down and clean both sides of neck (strings included) every time you finish practice or play.

And to re-iterate... wash and dry your hands well before playing.

that should help.
This happens to me a lot. I just give my hands a wash in some nice warm water with soap and it's fine again, though.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Fingerless emo gloves?
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Quote by !-twisty-!
Elixir strings may do the trick

This.

They're also good if you play often as they just generally last longer than normal strings. That's why I use them- I'd go through a few sets of standard strings every week otherwise lol

Just so that you know: I don't work for Elixir lol