So, I don't post here much, mainly because all I know about acoustics is either conventional wisdom, what I've read in Guitar Player, and that laminate = bad, so I'm not exactly going to be able to be much of a help. That said though, I love the sound of a good acoustic, so it's always pained me that the only acoustic I own is a $300 hollow-sounding Korean jumbo(Jumbo bass? Check. Yet for some reason there was too much high-end, and the midrange was dead) that had to be fought to do any more than open chords.

As such, a few months ago, I set out to start saving for a truly nice acoustic. Four temp jobs, lots of paid physical labor for neighbors, three paid gigs, finding a lost cat with a $200 reward, and buying absolutely nothing for months later, and I get to walk home from a guitar shop with this in my hand. So what is it? Lets take a look at this little pin on the side, that may help...

Well, now we know the brand, but what can we tell beyond that? I suppose the only way to learn more is to open the case.

Well, it would appear to be an 814CE.

More photos to come, would've taken more to begin with, but it's 95º out right now, and I'd rather wait until both the sunlight is better positioned, and when it's not so hot out to do so.

Seriously loving this thing, it sounds fantastic, looks stunning - Hell, even the back is sexier than most guitars are in the front - and plays as well if not better than any of my electrics, a stark contrast from the aforementioned Korean bit. You get what you pay for has been my experience with electrics, and it seems it carries into acoustics, too!
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Man, thats gorgeous. How much did that set you back? I've always loved Taylors, and that one looks like a beauty, HNGD
Quote by Stud_Muffin
Man, thats gorgeous. How much did that set you back? I've always loved Taylors, and that one looks like a beauty, HNGD

Aye, it's beautiful, the lighting from my lamp doesn't do it justice, promise I'll get the outdoor pics soon. And it was about $2,650 before tax. Like I said, getting the money for this thing took a lot of work, and a lot of penny-pinching.

Quote by Charley2715
Congrats man! She's a beauty. Nice job with saving money too. I suck at that game.

I used to as well, but five or six years ago, missing something I had been "saving"(See: Setting a few dollars aside and blowing the rest) for when it came in has since scared me into being better with things like this. Even then though, it still hasn't been easy getting the money for this one!

congratulations - that's a great guitar!
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
That is an absolutely gorgeous guitar. I'd love to have a Taylor one day. Try to get some photos with natural lighting (no flash) and show off the detail!
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Come on we need more pictures! Btw I like the whole 'ok its a taylor but which one' thing. And props for taking a big leap in the upgrade, why hassle with the low end guitars when you can save up and buy something really nice.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
I agree with the whole "buying something and making it count" thing. In most cases, you really do get what you pay for. In your case, it looks like did a helluva job.

She's a fine specimen. HNGD!
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
Quote by patticake
congratulations - that's a great guitar!

Amen, you don't know how good a lovingly-built acoustic truly is until you play one with your own hands!

Quote by mkocian17
I love the inlays. Happy NGD!!!

Thanks, and agreed, they're gorgeous - I'd love something like them on my next electric too.

Quote by Chips-
That is an absolutely gorgeous guitar. I'd love to have a Taylor one day. Try to get some photos with natural lighting (no flash) and show off the detail!

Done and done, see below.

Quote by Dpullam
I love your new guitar! What a beauty!

Thanks mate!

Quote by Chips-
Come on we need more pictures! Btw I like the whole 'ok its a taylor but which one' thing. And props for taking a big leap in the upgrade, why hassle with the low end guitars when you can save up and buy something really nice.

Again, sorry about how long that took - You'd take a day in this weather if you had the option of playing this guitar instead, too! And agreed, I used to have the "the more the merrier" philosophy, but I don't use many different tunings, so two or three good guitars suits me much better, and feel and sound miles better.

Quote by Jazz Funeral
I agree with the whole "buying something and making it count" thing. In most cases, you really do get what you pay for. In your case, it looks like did a helluva job.

She's a fine specimen. HNGD!

Thanks, and much as I like my $500 telecaster, I definitely have to agree that the more I look, the more "you get what you pay for" is soundly true with guitars.

Right then, the pictures! There were ten in all I liked enough to keep, and again, these are all at a DSLR's resolution, so I'm going to link the gallery to help those out with low bandwidth. Click the pic below to get to it.

More to come once I get some good playing time in on this thing.