I'm going to try to do this short.
I'm currently in the process of recording with my band We have been using my "Home Studio" for doing the demo's before jumping to a professional studio.

I bought a m-audio fast track pro, 6 month's ago as my Interface. And it seems it died on the last recording session.

We were using a Condenser mic (phantom power on) my guitar (fender am strat deluxe) midi controller (CME) and monitoring thru 2 audiphones + Speakers thru stereo (rca outputs)

After 6 hours of a looong recording session, with all this plugged in (+ bass sometimes etc.)
I heard a weird "crack. I thought it could be the old cable my guitar was connected, and keep recording the guitar parts.
Doing the voice, I heard them again... And then it all went ****ed. Huge pops, clips really LOUD started coming from the speakers (but not from the headphones output).

We have made all tests possible, changing cables, monitors, even connected the interface to another PC (i was using macbook pro + logic, and connected to a PC + CUBASE)

And this really LOUD, RANDOM and Constant, noise/crack is still there.

Also the inputs looks like are damaged because now I'm getting signal from instruments/mic even with all the signal down! And if i put signal to half, i'm getting clipped, thing's that didn't happened before.

So, yes, it's seems that we did something wrong, or it had a manufacture problem...
So, it's our fault?? Why did it get fried? what is wrong with it??

I'm so angry right now, i live on Chile and bought it on USA, no warranty...
Sorry for the long post
Since 2002 using UG. This page teached me how to play guitar and help'd me to embrace the passion of my life: Music.
Thx dude, i also posted something simillar on m-audio forums, i can't call as i'm on Chile, a bit far of their tech support you know! And posted here just because i lurk a lot arround and love UG in general...

And still fkin angry and frustrated
Since 2002 using UG. This page teached me how to play guitar and help'd me to embrace the passion of my life: Music.