Hey all, I recently bought a Seagull S6 Original. It is a great guitar but as I play it more and more, I find things that I struggle a bit to do on it such as barre chords and playing further down the fret board where the neck is even wider. I can still return it. I know it is a trade off in that I hit many fewer bad notes with this guitar but I wonder how much of a problem the other issues will be down the road.
-Mike
It's not because the neck is wide, you just need more practice.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
A wide neck is not the problem. If people can play 8 string guitars and 6 string basses just fine, I don't see how a guitar with a classical sized or less neck would limit you.

Practice more on it and your dexterity will get better. When I first started classical guitar it was almost debilitating, but as I advanced with it, it became much easier to play. In fact, sometimes I'll play classical just because it has a wider neck and gives more space between the strings for certain chords.

Practice on it, put it over your left leg, and move your left hand thumb to the back of the neck or even lower. This should make playing the instrument much easier.
Quote by Life Is Brutal
A wide neck is not the problem. If people can play 8 string guitars and 6 string basses just fine, I don't see how a guitar with a classical sized or less neck would limit you.

Practice more on it and your dexterity will get better. When I first started classical guitar it was almost debilitating, but as I advanced with it, it became much easier to play. In fact, sometimes I'll play classical just because it has a wider neck and gives more space between the strings for certain chords.

Practice on it, put it over your left leg, and move your left hand thumb to the back of the neck or even lower. This should make playing the instrument much easier.

Thank you so much!!!. I am not sure why but putting the guitar over my left leg makes it much easier to play. Less pressure on my wrist. Okay, I can stop worrying about this
-Mike
Quote by Widefingers
I hit many fewer bad notes with this guitar

You really believe that you hit less bad notes on a certain guitar?
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by Sleaze Disease
You really believe that you hit less bad notes on a certain guitar?

Absolutely! My fingers are kind of chubby so the standard necks are more difficult for me. I can hit the notes on the standards but not as consistently as on the wider necked guitars where the strings are spaced out a bit more.
-Mike
Quote by Widefingers
Absolutely! My fingers are kind of chubby so the standard necks are more difficult for me. I can hit the notes on the standards but not as consistently as on the wider necked guitars where the strings are spaced out a bit more.

I just wanna say that chubby fingers really isn't an excuse, my old guitar teacher had shrek-like fingers and could shred like satan himself....
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.
Quote by krypticguitar87
I just wanna say that chubby fingers really isn't an excuse, my old guitar teacher had shrek-like fingers and could shred like satan himself....

So what are you saying? I should not play on a guitar that is easier for me?
-Mike
Quote by Widefingers
So what are you saying? I should not play on a guitar that is easier for me?

no i'm just saying that with more practice you should be able to play a guitar thats got a normal neck width, then you won't have to search for ages to try to find guitars with extra wide necks whenever you may want/need a new one....
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.
Yngwie has fat fingers, he plays Strats, which have a pretty narrow neck, just saying.