Searched, but didn't find anything but an archived thread from google that didn't answer my question.

I've got an old B-52 which had bad filter caps in it, I replaced the filter caps and got it back up and running, and I"m wanting to mod it for a guy in another local band. He's not wanting anything super specific, just good metalcore/metal tone. (his band is very hast the dayish)

I'm thinking push the tone more towards a 5150, and overall just improve it. What are things I can/should do to this badboy? I've spent a couple hours googling, and people keep saying it's a great base to build from and can be improved with some small mods, but no one says any specifics. What should I look to do other than some bypass cap upgrades? that's all I've found.

Thanks a bunch!
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
nobody? come on now fellas! this is basically my last resort short of three more years of my EE degree lol.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
If your in the US look at FJA mods they modd just about anything.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate