I heard you're not supposed to sing from your throat but for some songs my 'head voice' sounds much better than my chest voice but singing that way seems to tire out my voice so fast I can hardly get through a song. How can I stop my voice from fatiguing?
I hate my sig
That's it? I've been singing since I was 12. (I'm 20 now) Anything in particular to practice?
I hate my sig
Are you talking about falsetto? That should be used for effect, not for a whole song.

Practice scales and such to widen your range, and just sing, but do try to stay in a vocal range that you are comfortable in.

EDIT: You're never supposed to use a 'chest voice' anyways. You're supposed to use diaphragmatic breathing when you sing.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Quote by JagerSlushy
Are you talking about falsetto? That should be used for effect, not for a whole song.

Tell that to Robin Thicke. But no, I don't mean falsetto. I'm talking about that almost whispery John Mayor type of voice (for the record, I'm not into either of the singers I just mentioned)

Quote by JagerSlushy
Practice scales and such to widen your range, and just sing, but do try to stay in a vocal range that you are comfortable in.

EDIT: You're never supposed to use a 'chest voice' anyways. You're supposed to use diaphragmatic breathing when you sing.

But I'm happy with my range. I can hit all of these notes comfortably and with good tone, my voice just tires out after a few songs. And I don't really know what diaphramic breathing is or how to practice it... I guess that's where vocal lessons come in
I hate my sig
My voice instructor always compared singing to golfing. He was an avid golfer. For this, I'll do the same, though I'm not really a golfer.

A golfer who lacks technique will go out to a driving range and get a bucket of balls. He'll set up each ball (or she... whatever....), and beat the ever-loving crap out of each one, driving them each about 125 yards. After a bucket of 50 balls, he's knackered.

The next golfer gets up, but this one has technique. He gets his bucket of 50 balls. He sets each one up, and effortless swing after effortless swing, he kisses each ball down the driving range, each of them hitting no less than 250 yards. If it wasn't for the heat, he wouldn't even have broken a sweat.

See, the thing about practice has some validity, but you have to know what to practice. Is that first golfer going to be that much better after a summer's worth of practice? Not really, because he'll be practicing the wrong way every time he goes out. He sees that he's not getting the ball very far, and resolves next time to beat the f***er even harder than the last time. Well, that's not really going to help. In fact, it will put him at even more of a disadvantage than where he started. If he hooks up with golfer #2 and learns how to fine-tune his swing, balance his weight, etc., he will surely do much better.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by axemanchris
My voice instructor always compared singing to golfing. He was an avid golfer. For this, I'll do the same, though I'm not really a golfer.

A golfer who lacks technique will go out to a driving range and get a bucket of balls. He'll set up each ball (or she... whatever....), and beat the ever-loving crap out of each one, driving them each about 125 yards. After a bucket of 50 balls, he's knackered.

The next golfer gets up, but this one has technique. He gets his bucket of 50 balls. He sets each one up, and effortless swing after effortless swing, he kisses each ball down the driving range, each of them hitting no less than 250 yards. If it wasn't for the heat, he wouldn't even have broken a sweat.

See, the thing about practice has some validity, but you have to know what to practice. Is that first golfer going to be that much better after a summer's worth of practice? Not really, because he'll be practicing the wrong way every time he goes out. He sees that he's not getting the ball very far, and resolves next time to beat the f***er even harder than the last time. Well, that's not really going to help. In fact, it will put him at even more of a disadvantage than where he started. If he hooks up with golfer #2 and learns how to fine-tune his swing, balance his weight, etc., he will surely do much better.

CT
So basically you're saying I need vocal lessons That sucks cause I really don't have the money and I think the sound I'm going for is different than most "traditional" or "proper" singers
I hate my sig
Quote by QuantumMechanix
So basically you're saying I need vocal lessons That sucks cause I really don't have the money and I think the sound I'm going for is different than most "traditional" or "proper" singers

Then just get on YouTube? There are quite a few decent vocal warm-ups and tutorials. Most of it is really basic, but it's enough to get you started.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
If you have pain in your voice thats wear and tear.'

Not enough fluid or smoking can cause that.

If its not that then you are not singing correctly and you will wear out your voice.
I would suggest to practice in the most comfortable part of your voice as effortless as possible.
If you stay in your range. the comfort of your voice will reach higher and higher.

If you are singing to loud to soft or to quite. That can make your voice hurt. you got to slowly build these techniques.

effortless is the way to go.
yeah I think I'm singing too quiet. I'll look up some videos on youtube cause the songs I'm singing now are well within my range
I hate my sig