I might be on the incorrect thread, but those who know how to build guitars should be able to help me...I think...

Whenever I roll the volume knob on my guitar (Squier Strat) a crackling noise is heard through the amp. No other knobs do this. Any idea on what is causing this problem and can it be fixed?

All help is greatly appreciated!
From a thread asking if it is safe to tell someone the serial number on your amp:
Quote by JAHellraiser
omg dont do it! he can hack your amp get the b00tiful t00b t0anz
Volume pot is dirty, it may be able to be cleaned with electronic cleaner, or just replace it.
Would I be able to clean it with something like compressed air?
From a thread asking if it is safe to tell someone the serial number on your amp:
Quote by JAHellraiser
maybe, but usually its a type of contact fluid that is used.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
Contact fluid?
Quote by JAHellraiser
If I'm honest I'm not entirely sure, but I remember having problems with these sort of things and the guitar shop guy said he put some contact fluid on it. I may remember him saying its just like an alcohol soloution or something, basically just a lubricant.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
I looked it up. Yeah its made to prevent static interference and such. I'll definetley check some out then. (Plus they're sold at Guitar Center so you're probably right).
Quote by JAHellraiser
Cool, hope it works. Good luck
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056