Short and sweet, I've been taking singing lessons for the past few years, so I have good enough technique that I know how not to hurt myself and how to properly warm up and all the basics, I've been singing since I've been talking, with a love for long notes, so I have plenty of lung space, but I can never put any oomph and metaphorical balls behind my singing.

I can do mellow great. But neither my hum-drum mellow speaking-esque closed singing, or the big, open, deep-and-round classical baritone sound I can give has that punch that I want to hear.

How the hell do I get some punch behind my voice?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
In my experience, that's 100% how you let the air go from the diaphragm to the mouth. For a rounded sound, it's a good idea to have a more 'open' throat feel - meaning you try to restrain the air on its way to your mouth and out as little as possible without breaking up or pushing yourself out of pitch/running out of air too quickly. Remember - a lot of what constitutes clean or dirty vocals comes from the force of the air interacting with your chords.

Try to envision the air leaving your mouth in an arc across the roof of your mouth, which will actually open your voice up a bit more. Shaping your mouth is very important too, especially for round tones, so mess around with that.

This is just what I've learned in my experience, so by no means a bible of technique here

Hope it's been helpful in some way.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Try doing light hums with your mouth closed, this will help you to resonate in your sinus cavities. As you sing increase the volume then decrease the volume as smooth as possible. (projection) remember to aim your voice at your hard palate.

Take that little bit of info and see if you cant figure out how to resonate and project your voice better. Dont try to force this just let it come naturaly
Alright, thanks guys, will give what you suggested a shot, and hopefully it'll work.

How is your projection? Like, if you stood up in a small theatre to sing, would you need a mic to be heard?

I'm trying to figure out by "balls" if you simply mean "volume" or if you mean some sort of tonal quality.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
I've managed to sing unmic'd in a small theater multiple times before, and without much if any vocal fatigue, so I don't think it's presence.

What I think I mean, if this makes any sense, is a sort of sense of energy, urgency. A forward presence that the voice and singer are full of energy, rather than big, round, open, and relaxed.

Quote by merriman44
If thats all your looking for... All that is is having energy, confidence and fully engrossing in the music. If you have good technique all you need to is let the music fill you.

You just can't hold back. It seems the problem you are having is that it seems unauthentic. Just try doing it.

i agree, you kinda just have to go for it. know the emotion you want and sing it. i have the same problem. i can sing loud and proud if i want to. i did a musical in high school and they had no mics. but i still couldnt get the voice i wanted. i can sing "nice" well but wanted more balls behind my singing for some songs. i find i can do it with a couple of drinks. not that im suggesting that be the solution, but its really about the confidence and just going for it. when i have a few, i dont care about anything anymore. i know im under the influence and so does everyone else. so i have an excuse if im bad haha. but im getting better at doing it normally.

so really, just sing more and more and get comfortable with what you want to do and how you want to sing.