Anyone else really enjoy this show on the National Geographic Channel? Overseas it's called "Banged Up Abroad" lul.

This season premiere is odd though, he's neither locked up nor abroad.

My favorite episodes are the girl who tries to smuggle drugs into Japan, the guy who gets captured by right-wing guerrillas in Colombia (it's labeled Panama for some reason), and the UN soldier who gets trapped by a warlord in Sierra Leone.
I prefer Dual Survival on the Discovery Channel. Shit's insane. One episode, the two guys went to Tierra Del Fuego, and they had to simulate how hunters would survive. And so a part of that was how to deal with sustained wounds. So one of them took a knife, and literally cut his own forearm. And then he covered it in black powder and lit it on fire. And since that wasn't good enough, HE HAD TO DO IT AGAIN
I think I've seen a few episodes.

EDIT: On further research I have, the Bangkok one.
Episode 4: Bangkok
A 28 year old English teacher named Tim Schrader agrees to smuggle 4-8 kilos of heroin into the U.S. to solve his financial problems. Although he knows he could receive the death penalty, the money is too tempting to resist.

And I swear I saw one about a guy smuggling immigrants in by getting married to them?
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Last edited by Trowzaa at Jun 8, 2011,
Quote by trueamerican
I prefer Dual Survival on the Discovery Channel. Shit's insane. One episode, the two guys went to Tierra Del Fuego, and they had to simulate how hunters would survive. And so a part of that was how to deal with sustained wounds. So one of them took a knife, and literally cut his own forearm. And then he covered it in black powder and lit it on fire. And since that wasn't good enough, HE HAD TO DO IT AGAIN

That guy sounds tougher than Bear Grylls, Chuck Norris and Arnold Schwarzenegger combined.
Yeah, he is. Another episode, he had to hunt for food to survive. So he chased down a porcupine, and as it was climbing a tree, quickly broke its neck. And then ate the heart raw. Well, half the heart. He gave the other half to his partner on the show.
Quote by trueamerican

I WATCHED THAT EPISODE TOO. I think it's a little funny how the hippy guy always curses to compensate for seeming gay.
I don't really like survival shows. Really, what's more likely, that you'll be in a situation where you have to eat a porcupine, or you'll be arrested for smuggling hash out of Nepal? I know my answer.
Quote by blackflag49
I don't really like survival shows. Really, what's more likely, that you'll be in a situation where you have to eat a porcupine, or you'll be arrested for smuggling hash out of Nepal? I know my answer.

Porcupine for you too, huh?
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I like this show.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I just finished watching the japan one. Holy shit that woman was dumb.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Fullmetalzawa
I WATCHED THAT EPISODE TOO. I think it's a little funny how the hippy guy always curses to compensate for seeming gay.

He's still the man. Even though he's slightly retarded. During one of the episodes, they had a little montage of Codyisms. It was HYSTERICAL. Imma see if I can find it.

EDIT: Great success! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZr_-ZIo_mA
Last edited by trueamerican at Jun 8, 2011,
The guy who does our horses' shoes was jailed in Mexico for six months. He took a wrong turn while he was coyote hunting and ended up on a bridge going into Mexico or something. They told him that he wasn't allowed to turn around, he had to throw his guns off the bridge before crossing into Mexico or go in with guns and get arrested, so he did that. It was in the news a lot while they were trying to get him out of prison.
sunbather is shit
My favorite one is about this guy who is wrongfully locked up in an Asian country because his friend didn't tell him he was smuggling drugs. He escapes by gathering all this hair and makeup and stuff and dresses up as a woman. He actually escapes and gets to this beach...and one of the guards is there selling goods as a 2nd job. The guy has a fan to cover his face, and the guard pulls it down trying to get the "woman's" attention to sell her stuff. He recognizes him and gets thrown back in jail. He was so close too.

It gets crazier, he is about to escape again, he has a motorcycle waiting for him on the outside of the jail. He gets on the roof of the jail, runs across it...and the roof collapses and he ends up in the cannibal/insane ward with all these people groping at him trying to eat him.

It was the craziest thing I'd ever heard. And it was just this nice guy who got was wrongfully locked up too, I felt so bad, he was so close so many times!
58-32 NFL Thread Pick Em.
Quote by blake1221
Show scares the piss out of me, and makes me never want to visit places.

+1

Like (as stated in the thread) that dude who got kidnapped by some rebels or something.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by rock.freak667
+1

Like (as stated in the thread) that dude who got kidnapped by some rebels or something.

That guy was a dumbass though, I mean, who the **** is gonna take a walk in the jungle for "fun".

A lot of the people are dumb, but some are smart and the greed gets to them, like the guy who was the bootlegger in Saudi Arabia.
58-32 NFL Thread Pick Em.
I love this show. I stumbled upon it one night and saw the one where the guy is locked up in turkey for I think trying to smuggle people into the country. the guy gets like 5 years then 54 days before he gets released he gets his sentence increased to 25 years i think. Its amazing how these people get in these situations and then how they get out of them. Now when ever that is on i'm glued.
Quote by nincompoop
potcorn56, you are a god.