Today I was discussing CoD with some mates and brought up the topic how cool it would be if they made a CoD or MoH where you play as the Nazi. Why? Because badguys are awesome and deep down everybody likes the badguy. Some people disagreed with the idea of feeding lead to 'merican and russian soldiers because "allies so good and germans evil evil bad people who killed a bazillion jews". Another point against this idea was that Germany lost. Well in Halo Reach the protagonists lost and died too, but that doesn't mean it was a bad game. Quite the contrary. But IMHO if a nazi campaign was well made it could become a heart churning masterpiece. Thoughts?
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Quote by Grimriffer
Today I was discussing CoD with some mates and brought up the topic how cool it would be if they made a CoD or MoH where you play as the Nazi. Why? Because badguys are awesome and deep down everybody likes the badguy. Some people disagreed with the idea of feeding lead to 'merican and russian soldiers because "allies so good and germans evil evil bad people who killed a bazillion jews". Another point against this idea was that Germany lost. Well in Halo Reach the protagonists lost and died too, but that doesn't mean it was a bad game. Quite the contrary. But IMHO if a nazi campaign was well made it could become a heart churning masterpiece. Thoughts?

Then they'd make a level called "No Jew" and since I shot no one in No Russian since I found that to be a bit horrible, I very much doubt people are gonna kill 100 times that number.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by rock.freak667
Then they'd make a level called "No Jew" and since I shot no one in No Russian since I found that to be a bit horrible, I very much doubt people are gonna kill 100 times that number.

I killed them all

I have no soul
¡sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ suɐılɐɹʇsnɐ ʎluo

E-married to danny the fish

Quote by Kensai
That's a purdy mouth you got there, zelestros. Why don't we make good use of that in other ways...
I'd love to kill thousands of people.

I've seen it done before, can't remember what games.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Quote by Snowman388
I'd love to kill thousands of people.

I've seen it done before, can't remember what games.

Modern Warfare 2?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
it would be extremely controversial and labeled as "anti-semitic" almost instantly.

last year, Medal of Honor couldn't get away with calling the bad guys of the game "Taliban" in their online multiplayer and were forced to change the name to OpFor (opposing forces).

Modern Warfare 2 received criticism for it's mission "No Russian" where you kill an airport full of innocent civilians. Nothing of consequence really happened though...apparently no one cares about Russians

To play an entire game as Nazi's would make the Medal of Honor/Modern Warfare 2 controversies look like child's play.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Last edited by Waterboy799 at Jun 9, 2011,
Quote by myevilside
I killed them all

I have no soul

I think you just realized that it was a game. I somehow get too involved in most games.

Though I guess they could make a game set in an alternate reality just as long as they don't over do it.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
And I don't want no German soldier that goes against Hitler like in the first(?) CoD. I want him to be some badass cigar-smoking-whiskey-sipping-ass-kicking aristocratic "Claus von Lichthammer" or shit like that. It would be pretty cool to play for a character that's morally hard to play for. If the game were to be played out right I think it could be pretty popular and would easily sell even in Australia and Germany.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Be honest TS, you just wanna gas some virtual Jews, don't you?
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
I kind of think it would be interesting to see/play, but as stated before, wayyyy too much controversy involved.
I'd play it. Video games don't cause genocide.... I get that it can be a bit insensitive, but if the "baddies" are portrayed negatively throughout the entire game, I really don't see the issue. It's just butthurt people being butthurt.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Modern Warfare 2?

I meant the Nazi campaign part
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
I always wanted MoH or CoD to add a German and Japanese campaign. I really don't see a good reason not to.
<Omri> I love trannys too..
I don't see why it's a big deal. If you stripped the characters of their accents i'm sure the average person wouldn't know if they were playing as a German or an American.

I think a campaign centered around being a German fighting the allies could be pretty interesting.
I think your mates are (not so much anymore) secretely nazis.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I don't think many people here to seem to understand that your average joe in the Wehrmacht wasn't Hitler.

A world war II campaign told from the German perspective would be fantastic but there's obviously going to be a huge outcry when you're sitting in a bunker mowing down troops on Omaha beach.
There seem to be no problem with campaigns where you play as Soviet troops. Only because they stood on the winning side (hell the war wouldn't have been won without them)... In reality, they too fought for a dictator who sent millions of innocent people to their death.

But it's okay to kill Germans, for some reason. Precious few of the Wehrmacht troops were actually Nazis. Yes, the troops of the Wehrmacht (though primarly SS) were guilty of horrible war crimes... But so were troops of every army.

That's why WWII games where you shoot your way to Berlin makes me uneasy... you aren't killing soldiers who are trying to protect the ideology of a mad dictator... they are just trying to protect their home, family and friends.

Sadly the human side of the Wehrmacht seems to have been lost somewhere along the way in culture over the years.

I think we're all mature enough for a more balanced view of the war... it isn't black and white.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Last edited by Demon Wolf at Jun 9, 2011,
i dont see anything wrong with it, but it would never happen due to the media backlash.

but the real reason (and generally the only reason) why nazi's were badass was because of the military officer uniforms. i challenge you to find me better looking military uniforms than the nazi's sported. you cannot.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by Demon Wolf
There seem to be no problem with campaigns where you play as Soviet troops. Only because they stood on the winning side (hell the war wouldn't have been won without them)... In reality, they too fought for a dictator who sent millions of innocent people to their death.

But it's okay to kill Germans, for some reason. Precious few of the Wehrmacht troops were actually Nazis. Yes, the troops of the Wehrmacht (though primarly SS) were guilty of horrible war crimes... But so were troops of every army.

That's why WWII games where you shoot your way to Berlin makes me uneasy... you aren't killing soldiers who are trying to protect the ideology of a mad dictator... they are just trying to protect their home, family and friends.

Sadly the human side of the Wehrmacht seems to have been lost somewhere along the way in culture over the years.

I think we're all mature enough for a more balanced view of the war... it isn't black and white.

all of this