So I got a Peavey 6505 Head arriving either this Friday or Monday of next week and I'm thinking of getting an Ibanez Tube Screamer, Boss GE 7 Equalizer and a Boss Noise Suppressor. However, I've noticed on some threads in this forum that Boss pedals tend to degrade your signal. I did hear that they can be modded though so I was wondering if maybe you guys knew of any tutorials or guides to mod these pedals so it won't mess up my tone.
Quote by Chaz-6(sic)6
Hmm...May 27th to May 20th? Either you meant 30th or you're some kind of time traveler.

Choose your steel. Be the hero or die the fool.
Just face me on this burning bridge and show me
which side you choose.

>>Listen to my metulz!<<
Yes i second that. The MXR has true bypass not sure about the decimator. Still exellent pedals but they will cost a bit more than the boss options.
Other Bands Play...
Manowar Kill!
Quote by Metalbush
Yes i second that. The MXR has true bypass not sure about the decimator. Still exellent pedals but they will cost a bit more than the boss options.

Yeah that's the problem. I'm thinking economically here so I can't really get the good stuff.
Quote by Chaz-6(sic)6
Hmm...May 27th to May 20th? Either you meant 30th or you're some kind of time traveler.

which side you choose.

>>Listen to my metulz!<<
Quote by AntiG3
http://solgrind.wordpress.com/2009/04/15/true-bypass-for-boss/

Here. Though I'd recommend A/Bing them properly before trying out the mod. Some pedals are more affected than others (apparently the older BOSS models don't suffer from any signal degradation).

Will do! Thanks man.
Quote by Chaz-6(sic)6

which side you choose.

>>Listen to my metulz!<<
Just so you know, if you're REALLY aggressive with the frequency boosting of on the MXR, it can also get pretty noisy.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
the mxr isn't true bypass. it's that half-assed bypass.

http://www.jimdunlop.com/blog/?p=384

skip the boss and get a decimator, if you can stretch.

easiest way to improve the bypass is probably just to get a true bypass loop. saves you from having to mod the actual pedals.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?