Page 1 of 3
Hey Guys

A while ago I posted a thread asking you guys if you thought my song was too long to go on the radio - (it was just under 7mins)

Heaps of you guys really loved the song but no radio has played it so.................

I'm thinking of filming a nice music vid for it and putting it on youtube.

I have 2 questions.

First - Do you think the song is good enough to get 1million + views? (without marketing)

Second - What should the music video be, (I kinda want a story line with no band members in it)

Any and all feedback would be Great!!

Heres the link to it on youtube with just a still image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqw5UUi3bjo

Cheers

Matt
I'm 2 minutes in, and liking it a lot. If you could post just the lyrics so I can just look at them as a whole, that would make it easier.
Listening to it now, love it so far. I'm just thinking that as a song nearly 7 minutes long, you might have to cut out too much of the song to get it to a 'radio-friendly' length?
________ A
________C
________E
________!
without marketing? no.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Blatant advertising is blatant.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
I don't know what the Australian radio is like, but I don't know if it would be successful on American radio. It's a soft enough rock song where people would give it a listen, and it's mixed pretty well, but it's not very poppy, if you know what I mean. And that's good. But it could do well, I'm not sure.
It won't probably air on German radio as well. But you can surely try tu send it to online radio stations, I'm sure that thare are some in your area. I think it's just too 'special' for your normal public radio. It's just nothing people can remember easily and it's too long.

Nevertheless, it is absolutely stunning. Definitely adding it to my favs
unoriginal name is unorigianl

pardvon me ive been drinkin

not bad., but i dontthinkn youll get 1mil v9ews anytime soon
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by DempseyPunk
unoriginal name is unorigianl

pardvon me ive been drinkin

not bad., but i dontthinkn youll get 1mil v9ews anytime soon

You're cool.
Most of my grindcore inspiration comes from my hard drive.
I have your music video right here:

There's a figure in a hoodie with its face obscured, walking through the city at night. Figure's hands are in its pockets. It's walking in a hurried manner. Bumps past another pedestrian, who protests angrily but our protagonist doesn't respond.

Figure turns the corner and there's a nice, wealthy looking couple coming from the other way. They see the figure and cross to the other side of the street.

Figure keeps walking and eventually stops in front of a convenience store, which he enters. The old man behind the counter raises his eyebrows in surprise. Figure looks around as if he's going to buy something, then pulls a pistols out of his pocket and aims it straight at the aims it straight at the Asian man's chest, gesturing for him to give up the money in the cash register.

Stuffing the cash into his hoodie pocket, the figure runs out, and turns the corner. After sprinting through the ill-lit city streets, the figure finally stops, panting heavily. He enters a house, and is greeted by a gaggle of kids.

Figure removes his hoodie and... it's an Asian woman. The convenience store owner's long lost daughter.
im actuaasly really enjoying tyhis song
5 1/2 minutes in
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
^

I had an idea of someone whose face is obscured walking down the city streets at night, but without a sheet of lyrics, I have no more details
Beautiful song, my friend.

You could write the worlds most beautiful piece and make the best music video ever to accompany it, unless it becomes viral, you won't reach 1'000'000 views without marketing of some kind.
DeVillains!
Quote by Ylasto
Beautiful song, my friend.

You could write the worlds most beautiful piece and make the best music video ever to accompany it, unless it becomes viral, you won't reach 1'000'000 views without marketing of some kind.

Keyword there, is viral

Any ideas to create the most absurd yet hilarious music video out there, then get featured on raywilliamjohnson?
Wicked song... this would sound crazy if I were wasted too.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Create something impressive on Minecraft and make a video montage of it with this song set in the background. Many views will ensue.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
the snare is too prominent and the 'we're not inferior' part goes on too long. its not that i didnt like the musical progression during that part, its just that the same lyrics were stretched out over too long of a period of time.

overall, its a pretty good song though. i doubt you will be able to get to 100mill views without it going viral ('normal' songs dont go viral), or having it be the backing track to a tv show or something.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
i think the songs great man! good work and i hope you keep it up!

its a little slow in the beginning. i think you need to shorten it a little if you want 1 million+ views

kids these days have really short attention spans.

also i think its a great idea to not have any of the band members in the vid. for a song like this i think visually less is more but thats just me
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Hey guys thanks for all the feedback

I also had a picture in my mind for the music vid of a masked or hooded figure.

I kinda thought one of those tracking shots (like in the movie elephant) would be awsome of just following someone from behind for ages not knowing where they are going.

Also another note, how well do you think labels would respond to this if i sent it to them or should I record an ep with some shorter songs on it too???

Cheers

Matt
Yeah this is a pretty cool song, I would like to hear a better recording of it. Vocals could do with a bit more depth to them, maybe layered slightly and the snare is far too loud.

For the music video I can record myself dancing to the song if you like
PARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTY
Generic drums are generic. Voice is lame.

Nah. Not my cup of tea.

Bye bye.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
i think if you are going to send an EP start it with a faster song with a good hook
although this song is great it took me a little while to get into it. (short attention spans and all)
also just for some constructive criticism on this song you should "open up" a bit more and do some real rockin but thats just me.

i have listened to it about ten times now and i love the vocals/lyrics but you should do some heavier parts to balance it out a little IMO

Quote by Harvey Swick

i have listened to it about ten times now and i love the vocals/lyrics but you should do some heavier parts to balance it out a little IMO

Yeah, because heavier is always good for every song.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Yeah, because heavier is always good for every song.

meh, just a suggestion friend-o...

Maybe do something with the snare. And also, cut the length. 6:59 is too long for a radio friendly song. Sounds good though
If you end it at around 4.45, and cut a couple of other bits down, then that could be your radio edit of the song maybe...
Musical Theatre! *jazz hands*

...what am I doing on this site...
Got a bit bored after a while, probably because of the vocals tbh. Not a big fan of the drumming either as mentioned before.

It's not a bad song though, but 1mil views might be aiming a bit high. Getting 10k should be hard enough to start with.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
I can see this probably growing on me.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
reminds me of R.E.M. for some reason
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Last edited by jimihendrix6699 at Jun 9, 2011,
meh, didn't like it. i think it's a bit too long. don't get me long, i love long songs (to the point where i don't really even consider 7 minutes to be long), but it was kind of boring. it just kind of kept going, and going, and going without really changing up much. if you shortened it, it would be better, but i really don't thing it's good/bad enough to get a million views without watching it yourself 990,000 times. but i think there is definitely a group of people out there that this would have a very strong appeal to.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Definitely can't get 1 mil. Sorry.

It's a good song, just needs more... life.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Make a shorter version of it, and 3fm (dutch radiostation) might actually play it I guess. Or at least play a sample of it, and do some free advertising. If it is something the dj's like, they'll sure give it some attention. And we dutchies are hardcore internet users, hehe.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because f*ck you Hebriqui.
I'd been going for a month or so.

Quote by Peres.T.Peanut
oh **** you
Reminds me way too much of Mad World, Gary Jules version. Can't say it's a bad thing, and the song's not bad at all...

Maybe trying to create a Part 1 and a Part 2, that way it might get some radio play and be easier to listen to, though it flows nicely as one piece.
NYY _______________________________________________ NYG
Page 1 of 3