Hey guys, I've been trying to figure out keys, scales and all that fun stuff lately but I've realized I'm more of a hands on learner. Reading stuff isn't really helping me, does anyone know of any good work books? I've thought about the Music Theory Workbooks by Bruce Arnold, but I'm worried that they're too advance for me. Any suggestions? Or should I just ignore my paranoia and get the Bruce Arnold ones?
Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12
Warmoth Strat
Richmond Dorchester
Boss RC-50
Line 6 DL-4
Digitech Whammy 4
Zvex Mastotron
Boss RT-20
From Amazon

Each exercise presents a group of intervals or chords which must be written using staff notation and guitar chord diagrams. This method will instill the information in your head and your hands. Direct physical application of music theory makes it more relevant and greatly helps in learning the guitar fretboard. Background theory information needed to complete each exercise is presented in easy to understand language. This is followed by exercises for learning intervals and triads, 7th chords (4 note chords) and chords with tensions. The answers are in the back of the book.
The exercises are designed for a 24 fret guitar so keep this in mind when completing the chord diagrams. The notes contained in each chord will fit into the chord diagram supplied with each exercise. Make sure to fit your answer into this diagram. You can place more than one note on each string. The answers are not meant to be played as a chord but as an arpeggio (one note after another).

For each exercise in this book you will need to find the intervals or chord tones/tensions. Each example will require you to figure out where the notes would be on a staff and where these notes would be located on a guitar. Remember that memorizing the notes contained in each chord presented combined with knowing where these notes are on the guitar will open up a whole new understanding of music.

I think you would be ok, providing you know/enjoy using standard notation, any questions you could always ask here.
The only problem I have with any reviews on any site now, including Amazon, is there is an entire industry that is faking reviews for the purpose of fooling others, and I now question almost anything I find on the internet. Literally....there are so many sharks and rackets going on that it would make you sick. People are hired to write reviews that favor the product using multiple proxies. It's the way the game is played now.

Sean
I used Alfreds essentials of music theory in my theory class last year. They have a page of instruction then some questions about it. It's really good. You should check those out.
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Thanks for the replies, Calibos I'll check that out
Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12
Warmoth Strat
Richmond Dorchester
Boss RC-50
Line 6 DL-4
Digitech Whammy 4
Zvex Mastotron
Boss RT-20