hi, i played an epiphone les paul black beauty 3 yesterday,it said custom on the neck. I really liked the thin neck, does anyone know how this neck compares to the epiphone les paul standard? I can't seem to find much on it but one person said the standard neck is abit more chunkier? cheers.
ok cheers, im guessing all customs have a slightly smaller neck then. Think i may go for one of those insted.
All Epiphone SG and LP Standards, Studios and Customs have the exact same neck profile. The only necks that are different are the necks of the arch top/hollow guitars and the necks of some of the signature models.
^That's not true. Some like the les paul tribute has different neck profiles to chose from.
the customs have the "slim taper" neck which i think is the equivalent of the gibson 60s necks. it does seem slightly thinner.

quite honestly, there are so many darn types of gibson and epihones i feel it really hard to distinguish among models, i almost have to pick one up. mosti find have very subtle differences.

but yeah, i played a gibson today that had a slughtly thicker neck. i played an epiphone sheraton that easily had teh thickest meatiest neck ive ever felt in my life. it was so big i really dont think i would consider buying it.

but yeah, in general, i find my epi les custom to have a more unique neck than MOST peiphone/gibson models i pick up.
The neck on my friends Epiphone G-400 (1966 Re-issue) is slightly fatter that the neck on our Epiphone Les Paul Standards. The difference might be minimal, but you can definitely feel it.
From a thread asking if it is safe to tell someone the serial number on your amp:
Quote by JAHellraiser
omg dont do it! he can hack your amp get the b00tiful t00b t0anz
Quote by grohl1987
All Epiphone SG and LP Standards, Studios and Customs have the exact same neck profile. The only necks that are different are the necks of the arch top/hollow guitars and the necks of some of the signature models.

Fail !