OK here is the deal :
a guy is selling this guitar for 1000 euros and he says in his thread that it is made in Japan. Ive done lots of research and everything tells me that its a USA Select Series Soloist. + even wikipedia says that All SL2H are made in USA. So what should i believe ?
The guy hasn't answered me correctly when i asked him but anyway ..
I really love this guitar and Id like to know if its made in Japan or USA and I hope you can help me .

Thanks !

The thread is here with information : http://www.rada7.ee/teema/49404

The pictures : http://gallery.me.com/ilevsamarin#100066
1. Not all SL2H's are made in the US. There was a limited run of SL2H's coming from the Japanese factory a few years back.
2. This is a Jackson Stars, and will be certainly a MIJ Jackson, not a USA Jackson. I think it's a pretty high end MIJ Jackson, but 1000€ seems steep. I think 700€ is the ultimate price he could ask, if it is in mint condition.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Jun 9, 2011,
This is a Jackson Stars. Basically, they are made in Japan for the Japanese domestic market. Some of the Jackson Stars models are equivalent to the Japanese ones for sale overseas, while others are better. That looks like one of the top end ones. I wouldn't be surprised if it played as well as a USA.

^LP_CL, you ninja!
Quote by futurehope
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1444362&highlight=jackson+soloist

Here is the MatrixClaw' s thread of his Soloist that looks exactly the same . Is it the same guitar ?
And how much would such Soloist cost as new ?

Nope, it's different. His is the USA Select Series SL2H, the one you're looking at is Jackson Stars, made in Japan for the Japanese market.

I couldn't tell you how much it cost new, because they don't sell them any more. Jackson have been bringing their Japanese domestic line more in line with the rest of the world.

But chances are it cost more than the top end Japanese Jacksons do, but probably less than a USA.
The highest end Jackson Stars were around 1500$, which is 1150€. So 1000€ is way too much for a second hander.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
The highest end Jackson Stars were around 1500$, which is 1150€. So 1000€ is way too much for a second hander.

Ah okay, I thought they might have been a little higher than that.

Yeah, too expensive. The only reason someone could get away with charging that much is that it's fairly rare to see these around, unless you're in Japan I guess.

Still, looks like a really nice axe. Shame it's so expensive!
Anyways, this guitar looks cool!
Misha

Music Man Axis Super Sport
Diezel Einstein 100, Sparrow's Sons 2X12
well i gotta tell I live in Eastern Europe and this axe is a really good deal for the money
Quote by futurehope
well i gotta tell I live in Eastern Europe and this axe is a really good deal for the money

Where are you from?
Misha

Music Man Axis Super Sport
Diezel Einstein 100, Sparrow's Sons 2X12