Well, I felt like spending some money this week, so here is the result:

2002 Ibanez RG1570 with Dimarzio X2N and Evolution:

And 2008 Ibanez FR1620:

Got them from german ebay for very nice prices - RG is almost mint. FR is mint.

The RG is brilliant for metal with the new pups and the Edge Pro which holds in tune exceptionally well even during heavy abuse and torture. Super Wizard neck needs no introduction - I <3 it.

The FR is more medium output, but the stock CCR pups are surprisingly great! Extremely versatile, with great single coil sounds and a nice bite on the bridge. Pinches are as defined as on any higher output pickups I've played! Swamp ash body feels light but not thin. Very comfortable. Wizard neck. Tight-end bridge which is probably my new favorite hardtail bridge. Could be my new main guitar in my band - not decided yet.

More pics:

RG:

FR:

BONUS! (Because I never got around to do a NGD for my new Faith Eclipse Saturn:
The dog must be feeling lucky!!!
Gear:
Ibanez RGT6EX
Line 6 Spider 3 15
Hobner 265

Quote by Lost Dog
People absolutely love to see horrible accidents and murders, as well as any sort of fighting really. Just look at the news. We wouldn't watch it if it was boring.
Quote by simba1312
The dog must be feeling lucky!!!

Only when she has something to chew on
Quote by Darkflame
^epic dog pic =)

I had no idea Ibanez had some telecaster-style guitars... I'm actually thinking this one looks great! do they have other finishes? :P

very happy new guee-tars day brah

There's the 1620 which comes in black or red, the 2620 which comes in sunburst or natural and the (J-custom) 8620 which comes in black and sunburst

Great guitars!
Quote by scowley
I don't care about the guitars, can I have your dog?

This girl is only dancing with me!

(okay, enough of the lame pics )
very nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
They do say once you go black you never go back :p

HNGD
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Quote by Snapple
They do say once you go black you never go back :p

HNGD

The worst part is that I'm not really too keen on black finishes or dots

But if the price is right, I gotta buy it
5 way indeed!

Bridge hum | Bridge single | both singles | neck single | neck hum
hahaha dude your dog is awesome ! HNGD too
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
megusta.jpg

What exactly do you like about the tite-end bridge (or whatever the hell Ibanez calls it)? I've always been curious about the FR/other Ibanez guitars with it but I've never seen one so I haven't had the chance to try it.

HNGD
That FR matches both my Ibanez's, Black body with white/cream binding...

HNGD!

How much did the Fr set you back?
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Quote by Pac_man0123
megusta.jpg

What exactly do you like about the tite-end bridge (or whatever the hell Ibanez calls it)? I've always been curious about the FR/other Ibanez guitars with it but I've never seen one so I haven't had the chance to try it.

HNGD

First of all it just feels rock solid! Sometimes when I play tune-o-matic bridges like on my Schecter C-1 Classic I pick so hard the E string falls of the saddle.
It's also very easy to adjust intonation and action on.
Plus it's very smooth, so your hand won't get raw from palm-muting wildly

Quote by Controlpanel
That FR matches both my Ibanez's, Black body with white/cream binding...

HNGD!

How much did the Fr set you back?

I spent 400£ on the FR and a bit less than 300£ on the RG. Pretty good deals compared to the prices in EU
After using them both at a gig yesterday, I am seriously contemplating using the FR as my main guitar in the band instead of my C-1 Classic. I like the bridge pup, but the neck pup is a bit too thin for my tastes - couldn't really get the fat and creamy lead sounds I crave for solos. Great cleans though! The RG was solid as a rock as well - no tuning stability issues despite some whammy abuse and drop D riffing. I absolutely love the Evo in the neck!

Also, to reiterate my ibby-love - DEM NECKS

I'll post some gig-pics when our singer gets around to upload them
Quote by xFilth
Only when she has something to chew on

that is an awesome pic.

grats on the guitars. not my thing but that FR is sweet.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
FR in action:

RG (and my rhythm guitarist/keyboardists hawt RGA321) in action
that's some nice harmonised gurning

also i'm pretty sure this is a family site, regarding the first one o_O
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
that's some nice harmonised gurning

also i'm pretty sure this is a family site, regarding the first one o_O

I have a reputation of doing faces like that, but I won't embarrass myself further by posting more
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
DUDE! I freaking LOVE your roof!!!

The guitars are nice too :P
Quote by Wondergaurd
The Strat/Tele debate is alot like picking a starter in Pokemon, each is great at something and can cover other fields well, it's just what they do good and great that makes 'em different
Quote by xFilth

I have a reputation of doing faces like that, but I won't embarrass myself further by posting more

tone is in the bl00zface.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by laxduck
DUDE! I freaking LOVE your roof!!!

The guitars are nice too :P

you guys

Quote by gregs1020

Then I must have epic tone!
Quote by gregs1020

+1
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?