A new product from Zoom called the G3 is out. On the surface it's looks like they ripped off Line 6. But they did something very significant with this design. The included a 40 sec looper that is synchronized with the internal drum machine. All for $200.

This is the only multifx currently on the market with this feature. Tip of the Hat to Zoom. Pure awesomeness.

Looper that can be synchronized with rhythms
The looper can be synchronized with rhythms and record phrases of up to 40 seconds.

Last edited by fly135 at Jun 9, 2011,
Quote by fly135
A new product from Zoom called the G3 is out. On the surface it's looks like they ripped off Line 6. But they did something very significant with this design. The included a 40 sec looper that is synchronized with the internal drum machine. All for $200.

This is the only multifx currently on the market with this feature. Tip of the Hat to Zoom. Pure awesomeness.

That does look really cool.

I might actually consider that.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Last edited by kutless999 at Jun 9, 2011,
Quote by fly135
LOL, I edited to put in a smaller image. But not before you quoted me.

LOL
I really like the idea of this, but, in the past haven't been very pleased with the effects in the couple of zoom units I have owned. If it has good tone, for $200, I'll be picking one of these up for sure.

...off to do a little research on it!
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
I had a 707II that didn't sound that great. Later on I had a G9.2tt and it wasn't bad. People have said the new 2.1nu sounds good. And if the G3 just sounded as good as the G9.2TT the synchronized drum/looper makes it a sound buy. 40 secs is a good length for a looper. The 20 sec on the RP is a little too short. For example you can't fit a 12 bar blues loop in it.
Quote by fly135
I had a 707II that didn't sound that great. Later on I had a G9.2tt and it wasn't bad. People have said the new 2.1nu sounds good. And if the G3 just sounded as good as the G9.2TT the synchronized drum/looper makes it a sound buy. 40 secs is a good length for a looper. The 20 sec on the RP is a little too short. For example you can't fit a 12 bar blues loop in it.

Your 1000 has a 38S looper. Its the 500 and lower that has the 20S.
I use mine to practice shred solos and play back to listen to mistakes
That is a really great feature, but I'm not sure it's enough for me to consider a Zoom product. They've got made such crap for so long that I'll probably stick to looping on a computer.

I'll give it a try at guitar center, though. Who knows, maybe they're finally pulling a Digitech and getting their act together.
Quote by TheQuailman
That really is cool for home practice, the only problem is that I always hestitate to buy new things for home practice.
IMO the main attraction of a 40 sec looper with synced drums is home practice. Most of my inspired moments come from the looper on the fly unrehearsed. Sad to say but most everything I've done that I thought was cool was done this way, and I can't even play the same thing again.
^Lol, I know that feeling. XD
It's true about the looper, but imo especially true about drum machines. I had an RP80 once which had some drum loops, amazingly fun piece of kit for home use.
fly135, are you going to get one?
After it comes out and I can get a 15% off coupon, I think I will pick one up. Too bad it's not out right now because Sam Ash has a $30 off $199 or more this weekend.