hey guys,

so i'm thinkin abt getting a used mesa boogie head...would that be a bad move since its been used n everythin?

n are there any questions I should ask the seller to check so that I know the head is functioning properly?
I would ask him about the condition of the amp. I usually will just get one with bad tubes so I can just replace them quick and have peace of mind that they wont blow out on me at a gig. The last time I bought a tube amp that the guy said were in good shape turned out to be 20 years old and be an embarrassment at the next gig I played
@sadbuttrue, lmao that sucks...so was it only coz of the tubes? and is it possible to check how old the amp is by checking against a serial number or something like that? coz a 20 year old amp just sounds like its been battered lol
Is it possible to play before you buy it? Or is it over the internet?
Gear
Carvin custum dc 747
Ibanez rg 520qs
Homemade Nocaster
Hofner violin bass
Hughes & Kettner Swithcblade 100 head
Ampeg v-4 412's (one with veteran 30's one with stock speakers)
Randall 412
Vintage Supra
ISP Decimater G-string
The tubes would be your only real worry that would be any different from a solid state. Just makes sure that the amp itself is in pretty good condition, i.e. not falling apart or really beaten up. If you're going to be gigging with it any time soon, I would go ahead and put new tubes in, even if the seller claims they're still good, just to be sure. If you aren't gigging then you can change the tubes if you want, or just wait till they start to go. Definitely make sure its in good cosmetic shape though, and also that it still plays, haha.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Quote by Danjo's Guitar
The tubes would be your only real worry that would be any different from a solid state. Just makes sure that the amp itself is in pretty good condition, i.e. not falling apart or really beaten up. If you're going to be gigging with it any time soon, I would go ahead and put new tubes in, even if the seller claims they're still good, just to be sure. If you aren't gigging then you can change the tubes if you want, or just wait till they start to go. Definitely make sure its in good cosmetic shape though, and also that it still plays, haha.

Actually there are quite a few other minor things like:
condition of the pots
condition of the caps
any repairs
last service

But usually these are relatively minor and can be easily resolved, but the most important thing that would impact any after-purchase costs are the tubes.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.