hey guys. I got a friend who offered to sell me the above amp for $35. Would it be worth it to get this amp along with maybe an eq pedal, OD, and a distortion pedal to use it as a practice amp? Ive also been looking into learning some Buddy Guy style blues. Would this work with a strat? And if i decide not to keep it, how much would a rough resale value be? Thanks in advance!
Go for it man!
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
I love how his last name is Hunt
It's like he was destined to be a shady sexual creep
Yes, for $35 that's a great deal. I love mine, I put some NOS tubes I had around in it and run it through a larger cab and couldn't be happier. I have even used it with a 2x12 and kept up with a drummer(a rather quiet drummer, but...)
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Jump on it. Can you show us a photo so we can maybe identify it? A used Champ 600 can be worth anything from a hundred bucks to a few thousand depending on the age.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
its the newer model that sells for like $150 lol. Not anything vintage sadly. If it was this thread wouldnt exist haha. Im mainly wanting it as a recording amp and to get into playing blues and get a good tone without blowing a lot of money. its something my Vypyr cant really pull of is overdrive and tube like clean tones
heck even the new one's worth it for $35. as long as it works, and you have room to keep it, go for it
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i believe i will expect a new amp day next month, depending on when i get my school refund check. i dont have a lot of room so it will prolly end up sitting on top of my bass amp beside my bed haha. Im still trying to figure out what to do with the Marshall Valvestate behind my couch
go for that fender combo it's definitely worth it, if you don't like it you can sell it and make a profit
ive played on it once and love the clean tones. Would OD pedal would you guys suggest for blues like budddy guy? Isnt there a Danelectrl thats supposed to be a@clone of a Fulltone? I wanna stay cheap since its a practice rig
The MXR CL1 Classic Overdrive exclusive to GC for $40 is my suggestion unless you're hankering to spend the money on an OCD.
the version 1 of the danelectro cool cat drive was supposedly the clone. it's discontinued, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ok. Ill look into both pedals. Like i said, i want to keep it cheap. Might check out how much the Dano goes for used and ill check out the MXR too. Thanks guy. Hopefully ill have a new gear day next month
Hi everyone, hope someone can shed some light on my little dilemma. I bought my Champ 600 brand new a couple of weeks ago, and I cannot stress how much I love it.
However, not a week went by and the little guy shut down in mid playing session (about 35 to 45 mins into it), and wouldn’t come back on. Volume was kept at about 8-10. It didn't show any signs of trouble before this happened. It did get pretty warm, but it's my first tube amp and I don't know how normal this is or how warm is normal. The next day it was still dead, so naturally I took it back to the shop, but when the tech guy had a look at it, it all worked fine (of course!). He looked inside and said to have checked absolutely everything and that nothing was wrong with it, as I could clearly see, and he plugged in a guitar and gave it a test run.
So...
I get back home, and (of course!) it does it again, shuts down just 5 mins into my playing session, but this time, it comes back on almost instantly. The rest of the playtime went without any glitches (1 hour aprox.).
That same evening got together with some friends and out came the Champ (which I display very proudly!), and as to be expected it did it again. However this time it gave more clues (or at least I think that’s what they were) as to what the problem is. It did it twice and both times the volume went down slowly until the red light went out.

I love my Champ and I really want this relationship to work! Can someone please advise what the cause of the problem might be (because the tech guy seems to be out of ideas).

Together with the Champ I was using:
Cort Z-Custom
iPad with AmpKit, Amplitube and GarageBand
AmpKit Link
iRig
Cort Noiseless cables
Generic cables
Check how well the tubes are seated in the sockets. You may have a socket with a weak spring contact and the tube is rattling out. That would account for its intermittent nature.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Thank you for the suggestion. Went inside to check the tubes and the appear to be quite steady, no rattle or lose feel, but like I said, it is my first time with tubes. As I was testing to see if I placed the tubes back correctly I encountered something interesting. When I fliped the switch on the light flickered for a moment, switched it back off and this time I slowly fliped it towards the on position, when I was aprox 3/4 of the way the amp powered up and stayed on as long as I kept it there. To further test this I went all the way (from the 3/4 position) and it stayed on, however a small tap to the switch made it go off.
Regretfully when I tried to replicate this a second time it did not work. No flickering, no nothing.
Does this mean that it's the switch? or some other power related issue? Can I discard the tubes as a possible culprit?

Thank you.
35 bucks!!!
In Australia those things are $399 new!!
Any tube amp for $35 would be worth it
Quote by nathan:-)
35 bucks!!!
In Australia those things are $399 new!!
Any tube amp for $35 would be worth it

That topic is way dead, the thread has been necrobumped.

Back to the new subject. Replace the switch. If it's under warranty tell them to change the switch because it is intermittently faulty. Use those words.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification