Hello members of UG, i've come across a barrier in learning Dave murray solo for Aces High, do to the part where he quickly pulls off on the high E string switching between and 8-5-0 pull off and a 7-5-0 pull off, as I am constantly pulling the high E string off the fretboard when attempting to do it fast.

Is there a certain fingering or way to bypass this problem? My guitar is set up properly i know for sure and the action is right and everything as i took it to a guitar repairman and he set up the floyd rose properly. So please any advice would be helpful on this topic, Thanks guys!
"
Every band that is favored in the genre sells-out and commercializes... That's just the way it is :/"

ESP SV standard
Ibanez RG7321
I think it's just a matter of practice.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
ok thanks guys yeah i guess its my anchoring then ill slow it down more. Thanks again for the advice
"
Every band that is favored in the genre sells-out and commercializes... That's just the way it is :/"

ESP SV standard
Ibanez RG7321
Try flicking upwards instead of downwards for the pull-off. I'm not sure of the context the riff is played in, so this might be bad advice, but I do it occasionally when working on the higher strings. Worth a shot.
"There's a fine line between child abuse and discipline. Take my dad for example; when I screwed up, my dad would electrocute me. And look at me today: flawless. Electrocution builds character." - Maddox
Quote by Oosh.
I think it's just a matter of practice.

+1
Hate being the person to say play it super slow 60bpm or less if you have to.

Play with a metronome or drum machine (more fun IMHO) and concentrate on accuracy.

Learning for lack of a better term "Maiden triplets" takes a lot of work.

The bonus is once you learn the technique learning any Maiden song is much much easier.

You have to have the accuracy before you work on the speed.

All the speed in the world ends up sounding like mud unless you have the accuracy to play it correctly at slower tempos .
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Last edited by Willowthewitch at Jun 9, 2011,
Alright good advice guys thanks so much, will definitly take heed of it. Can't wait to finally master the solo and have another maiden song under my belt.
"

ESP SV standard
Ibanez RG7321