Page 1 of 2
So, we've all read the stickies (or at least you should have). We've seen the basics and the honorary "Who to listen to" list. The only problem is that more than a good number of those who comprise that list are no longer active.

So what I suggest is that we, using this thread, nominate new names to either be added to, or completely replace that list. All we simply have to do is nominate someone we have repeatedly seen helping out and handing out some grade A advice and knowledge on a regular basis.

I'm an EG regular, and the name I'd like to throw in the pot is Tom 1.0.

Although Tom and I are probably polar opposites on the guitar ideology charts, that hasn't stopped me from seeing that the guy really knows his stuff about many of the Metal brands the kiddies today like to salivate over. Especially Ibanez. He gives out good advice, and does it often. The only thing wrong with him is that his avatar looks like a man.

Give a who and why. Let's get this thread going. VIVA LA REVOLUCION!

Current List & Nominations List:
Tom 1.0 (10)

Gregs1020 (9)

Dave_mc (5)
jj1565 (5)
ippon (5)
311zosovhjh (5)

LP_CL (4)
AcousticMirror (4)
JustRooster (4)
grohl1987 (4)

KenG (3)
littlephil (3)
forsakn (3)
ecisthebest (3)

BobDetroit (2)
bubbtubbs (2)
mmoltertx (2)
greeny (2)
Quailman (2)
laidback (2)

Fred The Shred (1)
biga29 (1)
bubbtubbs (1)
Offworld92 (1)
roc8995 (1)
al571832 (1)
Fatalgear41 (1)
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Jun 10, 2011,

Though this could be a good idea to have a WTLT list for Eg, though I dont know if anyody does check the stickies,

I would however have to add the following to an EG one:

JustRooster
Gregs1020
Fred The Shred
LP_CL

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
i would nominate tom1.0, LP_CL, biga29 (?), littlephil, roc8995 (lol he's not even on it? wtf)
al571832(numbers are wrong), KenG & BobDetroit. (i know i'm forgetting a ton).

thanks tom!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I dont think the people that would benefit from this sort of list will seriously read it if its stickied, I think its better to give everyone a voice and just discuss it, most ppl are happy to jump on somebody being silly.
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
if this was done properly with nominationss you could have a sticky of just one post with a list, no spam thread, just a single list, people might actually take note of the regulars then

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
^ +1 the spam thread's awesome, and I don't want to get rid of it, but it does make the nomination thread pretty much useless- ideally we'd have two.

yeah, good idea, rooster.

the honorary list is meant to be for inactives (and they can get moved back if they become active again).

big problem is it takes a lot of work to keep things up to date. Plus I'm terrible at remembering who i think should be on the list- when i see a post by one of the regulars who's not yet on the list, I go, "Ah, he/she should definitely be on the list"... but then when i next go to make nominations my mind goes completely blank

I can't think of fred the shred offhand, but I second tom's nominations (plus the nomination for tom too). I'll have a look about and see if i can think of anyone else.

EDIT: +1 on greg's noms too.

EDIT #2: lol, colin's not on it? he knows more than me in his sleep

simply ben's good. and that other dude i always get confused with simply ben.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jun 9, 2011,
most of that list could get made "honorary". to be fair.

and there are a lot of good posters in EG.

and it could use a decent chat thread.

i'd toss SimplyBen and a lot of the pedalboard regulars on the list too.

forsakn, mmoltertx, greeny23, as well as laidback,ECisthebest, ippon ffs, gotta have ippon.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jun 9, 2011,
I started getting a little list together. This is by no means official to the UG forum or site, just amongst us. Who knows, maybe the Mod team will pick up on it and decide they like it.

I also like the idea of an EG chat thread. It works out wonderfully for S&L and Metal.

EDIT:

I'M UPDATING THE LIST AS YOU GUYS POST. PLEASE GIVE FULL USERNAMES.\

DOUBLE EDIT:

I'm doing this like the Good/Bad Trader list from the Gear Classifieds. After we get a pretty large list, I'll find a cutoff point for nominations. Say we get 100 people on a list. I'll make our "Unofficial" list only those who received 5 or more votes, and the rest will go on an "Honorary" list.
Last edited by JustRooster at Jun 9, 2011,
and technically we need to add the old list as an honorary except those that still post, like daveMC, jj1565 etc.

311zosovhjh as well should be on there, although he doesn't frequent EG, he knows his stuff.
Quote by gregs1020
and technically we need to add the old list as an honorary except those that still post, like daveMC, jj1565 etc.

311zosovhjh as well should be on there, although he doesn't frequent EG, he knows his stuff.

Read my edit. I'll add them to another list once we start getting the votes rolling.

EDIT: I'm also seconding ippon and ecisthebest.
Last edited by JustRooster at Jun 9, 2011,
Quote by gregs1020
most of that list could get made "honorary". to be fair.

and there are a lot of good posters in EG.

and it could use a decent chat thread.

i'd toss SimplyBen and a lot of the pedalboard regulars on the list too.

forsakn, mmoltertx, greeny23, as well as laidback,ECisthebest, ippon ffs, gotta have ippon.

NAsD coming soon.
There is a ton of people who should be on there.

gregs1020
tom1.0
JustRooster
bubbtubbs
Bod.Detroit
KenG
forsakn

EDIT: also Acoustic Mirror GunDamnitpete

I know im still forgetting some..
Last edited by nickdohle at Jun 9, 2011,
Nice, but I do have the feeling this may end up like the list in GG&A - meaning that noone will read it.

Nah, seriously though, that list looks pretty good already.
gregs1020
tom1.0
Dave MC
Everyone from the pedalboard thread

Edit:
LP_CL, acoustic mirror and 311zosovhjh as well
Last edited by MM14 at Jun 9, 2011,
I would nominate AcousticMirror
"When losers say it's over with you know that it's a lie
The gods made heavy metal and it's never gonna die"
Definitely 311zosovhjh, Tom 1.0, Gregs1020, LP_CL

Um... I'll add more as I think of/ see them.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
My name is nowhere to be found.

But I say Tom 1.0, Gregs1020, and grohl1987 for sure.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
Last edited by Chaz-6(sic)6 at Jun 9, 2011,
AcousticMirror, grohl1987, and Fatalgear41
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
is it strange that i feel a little insulted to have to be nommed to be a regular in eg

plus really dave, or ippon, ect need to be up there wt a number for votes?

really, there's a way to suggest and phrase things, and imo this wasnt it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I'd go with Dave_Mc, Offworld92, Tom 1.0 and gregs1020.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
400 nominations for jenny.

she basically runs eg with that setup thread
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

haha, come on now dave, i wasnt looking for noms.
thank you tho.

i just thought gosh, it's a really strange and insulting
way to go about all of this.
i mean some of us arent dead, you know?

clean up could have just been handled by kyle or colin thru a pm
when they got the chance.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

"i mean some of us arent dead, you know?"

hehe

but yeah i mean i know you weren't looking for noms but you deserve them
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
jenny and dave are already on the old list.

which should just be added to.

and those that aren't familiar moved to honorary.

imo.
yeah i don't think anyone should be taken off the old list (not saying this because i'm scared of or don't want to get kicked off or anything, just i don't want anyone else to get kicked off)- most that should happen is that those who aren't around any more get moved to the honorary list, and if they ever come back we can move them back to the normal list.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Jenny is the best thing in EG.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
Jenny is the best thing in EG.

again thanks seriously.

I was just turned off by the way it was worded
in the op.

I get the need for updating these threads.

I just think dropping a line to a mod would
have worked in cleaning it up.

and then. additional people could be
added like said.
rather than a cleaning house.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Yeah, I am sure it was with the best intentions though, I agree the lists need to be adjusted, but I dont see why the people already on the GG&A one would be taken off it and if you or people like Dave were taken off I think there would be a revolt

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Dave_Mc

+1

And thanks gregs1020, MM14, Offworld92 for your votes.

Although I only come to EG these days for the lolz, EG is where I cut my teeth back when GGnA was a scary and mysterious place for me
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
+1

And thanks gregs1020, MM14, Offworld92 for your votes.

and i don't think anyone should be taken off the list, just that if they haven't posted in say, 2 years, move them to honorary. if they come back, great, put them back on.

i mean, how funny is it that it's so outdated roc8995 wasn't even on it.

or ippon?
Jenny and Dave should already be on the list, so I'll nominate Tom1.0, grohl1987, gregs1020 and KenG
I've never really understood the purpose of the "who to listen to topics". Can someone fill me in? Do people actually read it? And don't people always believe what they like to believe and don't believe what they don't like, no matter if it's a knowledgeable regular or an ignorant noob telling them?

I'm flattered by the nominations though.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
I've never really understood the purpose of the "who to listen to topics". Can someone fill me in? Do people actually read it? And don't people always believe what they like to believe and don't believe what they don't like, no matter if it's a knowledgeable regular or an ignorant noob telling them?

Well, its just more of a general guide on people who know their stuff. It doesn't mean you should take their advice word for word if its on a subjective topic, and obviously it doesn't mean they are the only people to listen to. Its just a list of users who should be listened to basically.
Quote by littlephil
Well, its just more of a general guide on people who know their stuff. It doesn't mean you should take their advice word for word if its on a subjective topic, and obviously it doesn't mean they are the only people to listen to. Its just a list of users who should be listened to basically.

Ah, ok. That makes sence.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by Tom 1.0
Yeah, I am sure it was with the best intentions though, I agree the lists need to be adjusted, but I dont see why the people already on the GG&A one would be taken off it and if you or people like Dave were taken off I think there would be a revolt

aw

Quote by LP_CL

yep sure.

the original intent was

(a) to reward people for posting (as long as what they were posting was good)- give people an incentive to make informative, helpful posts and hopefully they'll make more of them, which should help the forum

(b) give people a list of people that are probably talking sense, in case they get a whole pile of conflicting advice and don't know where they are. Granted most people don't read it, but if an odd one does it's worth it.

(c) it gives you something concrete to point to if an annoying troll is making mischief in the forums, you can point to the list and say that everyone talking sense is on the list.

Then it turned into a spam thread for the regulars to chat in, which was fun too

Quote by littlephil

yep, exactly.

it doesn't mean everything written by everyone on that list is gospel- it just means, on the law of averages, if someone on the list writes something and some random person you've never seen before writes something contradicting them, odds are you should listen to the person on the list. It's not a guarantee, and by no means should you only listen to the people on the list... just it's about all you can do.

oh and I second the nominations for all the regulars in the wtlt list (can't be bothered listing them all)
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jun 10, 2011,
All votes updated in the OP. Tom's already got votes, kiddies, I'm tired of adding to his total. We've got some midrangers who need boosts however (wink wink).

Also, this list is not replacing the old one, but it is also not including it. That one is stickied. This one is unofficial and updated.
Last edited by JustRooster at Jun 10, 2011,
Page 1 of 2