I bought an Epi Explorer and I think it is really uncomfortable to play while sitting down and standing up. I'm considering selling it but I don't know what to do... Help?
Epiphone G400 (EMG 81/85)
Line 6 Spider IV 120W

SUNDERLAND

Alter Bridge - 26/11/11 <3

You might win one battle, But know this... I'LL WIN THE F*CKING WAR!!
If it's uncomfortable and you don't enjoy playing it, sell it and get something that feels better.
Simple as that.

Nothing worse than having a guitar that you hate playing.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
Quote by Chaz-6(sic)6

Nothing worse than having a guitar that you hate playing.

This. It seems quite self-explanatory to me.
Of course. I got rid of my Schecter because the neck was thicker than I'm used to and would cramp my left hand up after an hour. Fought with it for almost 2 years before I gave up and got rid of it.

There's no point is keeping something you don't enjoy owning.
2009 Ibanez RG3EXFM1
2003 Ibanez RG220B
Line 6 Spider III 75
I sold my Epi Les Paul and bought my first PRS SE. Never looked back.
PRS SE CU22 | PRS SE CU24 | Takamine EG463SC
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Rectifier 212
Pitchblack+ | Bad Monkey | FAB Chorus | NOVA Delay
It is worth selling if it's a pain in the arse to play look around you may find a trade
To be honest I don't need another guitar...I'm perfectly happy with my SG at the minute so I'll probablys add the money to my amp fund I payed £350 for the 1958 Korina...how much do you reckon I would get for it?
Line 6 Spider IV 120W

SUNDERLAND

275 would get it gone pretty quickly.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I agree that selling it would probably be the best option if you absolutely cannot find a comfortable position with it.

Just remember that you should play a guitar you want to buy extensively sitting down and standing up before you buy it.
I find the Gibson explorer style the most comfortable sitting and standing, but everybody is different.

If you find it a chore to play, the best to do is sell it for Sure mate.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
What should I use to sell it? eBay, Craigslist, Gumtree...or any more? I've never had to sell anything before so I don't really know where to start.

EDIT
for the price I would be happy for anything between £250 and £290
Line 6 Spider IV 120W

SUNDERLAND

Last edited by jimbobmcgee2312 at Jun 9, 2011,
Why did you buy it in the first place? Did you not try the guitar before you buy?If you bought from an online dealer with out testing the guitar you should be made a poster child for try before you buy.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Quote by Bhaok
Why did you buy it in the first place? Did you not try the guitar before you buy?If you bought from an online dealer with out testing the guitar you should be made a poster child for try before you buy.

I tried it out in the shop and I found it awkward then, I thought it was just something I was going to get used to. I love the sound and look of it don't get me wrong but after many hours of use it has become extremely annoying to play. I'm much more comfortable with my SG. Hope that explains mate.
Also what did you mean by Poster Child?
Line 6 Spider IV 120W

SUNDERLAND

Quote by jimbobmcgee2312
What should I use to sell it? eBay, Craigslist, Gumtree...or any more? I've never had to sell anything before so I don't really know where to start.

EDIT

Craigslist is a good start, it gives who ever is buying it a chance to try it out first... so they can make sure they dont have the same issue your having now. It also saves you the time of having to ship it.

eBay, or a flyer at a local guitar shop works too though
Quote by MetlHed94

Well played, sir, well played.
A guitar that is uncomfortable takes the fun out of playing. When you put on a guitar that feels right then you don't even have to think about it, you can concentrate on playing.

Saying that, I do have a Les Paul that is far less comfortable than my Strat or Ibanez S, but the tone out of it makes it worth keeping. If it was my only guitar though, Id sell it and get something that "feels" right.
Quote by jimbobmcgee2312

EDIT

Try Craig's List first. If you live in a decently populated area you'll probably find someone to buy it. Then you can avoid paying all the fees associated with ebay and forgo the hassle of shipping it. I sell stuff on there all the time. I put an old Fender G-Dec on there two days ago and someone bought it the next day for a lot more than I would've got for it on ebay.
I'm selling a Kamikaze 2 right now because it's too heavy for me. I love the sound and it plays like a dream, but I cannot play a full set with it to save my life.
RESULT!!
Sold the Explorer for £300...only £50 less of what I paid! I just gave him the gig bag I bought with it though as I was only going to sell it for £275 so now I have £950 in the savings for an amp! I have never held so much money thanks for the help every body!!
Line 6 Spider IV 120W

SUNDERLAND

Last edited by jimbobmcgee2312 at Jun 15, 2011,
Bugger... you could have Eddie Van Halen-ed it via chainsaw into a more comfortable shape.

Think next time will ya?
Quote by Spreadsheet
Bugger... you could have Eddie Van Halen-ed it via chainsaw into a more comfortable shape.

Think next time will ya?

Did he actually saw it into another shape??? AWESOME
Line 6 Spider IV 120W

SUNDERLAND