well, as it says in the title, I'm looking for a somewhat decent beginner's classical guitar...

I mostly play electric guitar and accoustic, I have a couple of years experience and I'd say I'm a good guitar player (nothing amazing, but I'm solid and can play most things I put my mind to..)

Lately I've really gotten into music such as rodrigo y gabriella, paco pena, and strunz & farah, and I would really like to learn/write music like that..

I have next to no money, I'm not in a job at the moment...been trying to find one, but no luck as of yet...so the budget is very tight...so the cheapest thing that doesn't sound like total crap please

Thanks in advance..
Follow me on twitter!!
@Stuie93

100% Irish and proud

Glory glory Man Utd
Forgot to mention I'm from Ireland btw :L

The shops here are pretty bad for classical guitars here...

http://www.thomann.de/ie/harley_benton_hbcg300ce_konzertgitarre.htm

^ would this guitar sound like complete crap would anybody know?? I've no experience really in classical, but otherwise I have experience in guitar...so like, if it's the classical guitar's answer to an ok squier i'd be happy enough...if it's comparable to a knock-off argos brand, please tell me...
Follow me on twitter!!
@Stuie93

100% Irish and proud

Glory glory Man Utd
I've got a Gear4Music electro/acoustic classical that i think cost me £70 and although i've never played a £3000 spannish guitar i really think the G4M is a great classical for the price
Quote by Hunter2081
Forgot to mention I'm from Ireland btw :L

The shops here are pretty bad for classical guitars here...

http://www.thomann.de/ie/harley_benton_hbcg300ce_konzertgitarre.htm

^ would this guitar sound like complete crap would anybody know?? I've no experience really in classical, but otherwise I have experience in guitar...so like, if it's the classical guitar's answer to an ok squier i'd be happy enough...if it's comparable to a knock-off argos brand, please tell me...

Another Irishman looking to pick up a Classical here. A friend of mine has a Harley Benton. I'm not sure which model, but knowing him it ain't pricey. Probably this:

http://www.thomann.de/ie/laridalk2bk.htm

To be honest, it sounds grand. Not exactly killer tone but I wouldn't have guessed that it only cost €35. It might be horrible to play on. If you give me a few days I can tell you first hand whether it's worth it.

Quote by MD 316
I've got a Gear4Music electro/acoustic classical that i think cost me £70 and although i've never played a £3000 spannish guitar i really think the G4M is a great classical for the price

I can recommend G4M. A girl I know bought this acoustic from there:
http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Deluxe-Round-Back-Guitar-and-15W-Amp-Pack-Blue/8KH
It sounds and looks great and has a pickup system too. I was thoroughly impressed, and I'm not usually impressed with cheaper guitars. It plays better than a €300 Epiphone I've tried.

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
Last edited by JMcG92 at Jun 9, 2011,
Quote by JMcG92
Another Irishman looking to pick up a Classical here. A friend of mine has a Harley Benton. I'm not sure which model, but knowing him it ain't pricey. Probably this:

http://www.thomann.de/ie/laridalk2bk.htm

To be honest, it sounds grand. Not exactly killer tone but I wouldn't have guessed that it only cost €35. It might be horrible to play on. If you give me a few days I can tell you first hand whether it's worth it.

I can recommend G4M. A girl I know bought this acoustic from there:
http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Deluxe-Round-Back-Guitar-and-15W-Amp-Pack-Blue/8KH
It sounds and looks great and has a pickup system too. I was thoroughly impressed, and I'm not usually impressed with cheaper guitars. It plays better than a €300 Epiphone I've tried.

Very helpfull comment, thanks alot In terms of commenting a hands on, that would be very helpfull thanks I'm not really in a huge rush, so that'd be something i'd appreciate if it's not too much of a bother man
Follow me on twitter!!
@Stuie93

100% Irish and proud

Glory glory Man Utd
I'm from Dublin and recently got a classical Valencia guitar from Waltons... Although I did pay 220 for it... Was in there the other day and i'm pretty sure I seen some classical guitars for 75euro onwards... should check out their website. Another good guitar store in Dublin is Goodwins just down Henry Street, they also have a website worth checking out!! Although it does all depend if your close to Dublin...
Quote by danbell
I'm from Dublin and recently got a classical Valencia guitar from Waltons... Although I did pay 220 for it... Was in there the other day and i'm pretty sure I seen some classical guitars for 75euro onwards... should check out their website. Another good guitar store in Dublin is Goodwins just down Henry Street, they also have a website worth checking out!! Although it does all depend if your close to Dublin...

Had some dealings with waltons in the past..bought my accoustic guitar and a head + stack that put me back a pretty penny...in return I recieved a rather bad sevice...pair that with them delivering a faulty recorder twice in a row..and you can see why i'm reluctant to deal with them..
Follow me on twitter!!
@Stuie93

100% Irish and proud

Glory glory Man Utd
Quote by Hunter2081
Had some dealings with waltons in the past..bought my accoustic guitar and a head + stack that put me back a pretty penny...in return I recieved a rather bad sevice...pair that with them delivering a faulty recorder twice in a row..and you can see why i'm reluctant to deal with them..

Fair enough... if that had've happened to me I prob would never have went back to them either.. Should check out Goodwins then, really small store but they have quite a good collection!
Although not the cheapest, I think one could not go wrong with the lowest end Yamaha classical guitar, like the C40, and I think there is another model number as well.

Something that could take getting used to--the neck is wider on a classical guitar. Unless you have big hands and fingers, you might want to get a 3/4 or 7/8 size classical guitar. Yamaha also makes those, I think a little cheaper than the full size. Try them in a store.

Or--Jasmine by Takamine.