So I picked up this guitar for next to nothing (see attached Pics)...I'm trying to identify the model. It appears to be an Aerodyne Tele, but as far as I know, they were never made in Korea, and this one clearly says "Made In Korea" above the serial number. Serial number is 05012844 (visible in the pic). Any Ideas??
Attachments:
Aero1.jpg
Aero2.jpg
Aero3.jpg
Not an aerodyne, I don't think it came with humbuckers... (I could be mistaken if you could order one with them, the only ones I have seen had single coils and/or a P90-type)

Also, I tried the serial number lookup and it didn't come up...

My educated guess would be a korean knockoff with a fender logo on it.... however, if it plays well and sounds good then it may be a good snag..
Well if you ran the serial number it might not have come up because of the fact that most serial number things I've seen only work for Fenders made in America, Mexico, and Japan. This is Korea.

Let me look some things up, I think its probably legit.
Gear:
Fender Classic Series 50's Strat
Vox VT15 amp
Bongos

Quote by BillyRamone
Looks like Harry Potter about to fly an old biplane. A lady killer, but the ladies cannot figure out which state he's from - Indiana, or Pennsylvania?
Owns the under 5'2" hotties.
slasher you beat me to it, I was checking to make sure they came in black when you posted. Guess I need to learn to search faster.
Gear:
Vox VT15 amp
Bongos

Quote by BillyRamone
Looks like Harry Potter about to fly an old biplane. A lady killer, but the ladies cannot figure out which state he's from - Indiana, or Pennsylvania?
Quote by JTBach
slasher you beat me to it, I was checking to make sure they came in black when you posted. Guess I need to learn to search faster.

Yeah, or just know your fender better
I like shotguns. thats all you need to know
hahaha hey I know my Fender's, I just don't know all of their color schemes. Never hurts to double check.
Gear:
Vox VT15 amp
Bongos

Quote by BillyRamone
I have seen a few of the FMT HH's and as I recall, they have a carved top...and the coil tap is operated with a push/pull pot. FMT was actually the first thing I thought of when I saw it...But this one has a flat top and a DPDT switch. It does have the abalone fret markers like the FMT and a graphite nut. Maybe I just need to call Fender and see what they have to say...
Quote by JTBach
hahaha hey I know my Fender's, I just don't know all of their color schemes. Never hurts to double check.

true
I like shotguns. thats all you need to know
I talked to Fender and it is genuine. It's a Custom Telecaster FMT HH. Apparently, this was an early release of a special run for Musicians Friend. The run was produced in the summer of 2005, but this particular guitar was built in Feb of 2005. It's gonna need some minor repair work (mostly cosmetic), but since I got it for $100, I think I got a decent deal!
For a 100 buck?!. Congratz on a steal!
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

I'm really pleased! I have played a few of the FMT's and really liked them, but never seen one with a gloss black finish. So not only did I get a really nice axe for a great price, it's also very unique...so unique that I have not been able to find another like it anywhere on the net (that's why it was so hard to identify). I'm really looking forward to getting it cleaned up so we can spend some quality time together!!
it is an oddity, I've found a few with a flamed top that are black, but never just black. This is bugging me.
Gear:
Vox VT15 amp
Bongos

Quote by BillyRamone
The Fender rep is e-mailing me a copy of the spec sheet...when I get it, I'll post more detail.
Here's the info the Fender rep sent...

Model Name: Custom Telecaster® Special HH
Model Number: 026-2101-(Color#)
Series: Special Edition Series
Body: Mahogany, with Carved Flame Maple Top
Neck: Mahogany, Set Neck, Modern “C” Shape,
(Polyurethane Finish)
Fingerboard: Rosewood, 15.75” Radius (400mm)
No. of Frets: 22 Jumbo Frets
Scale Length: 25.5" (648mm)
Width @ Nut: 1.625”
Hardware: Black/Chrome or Black (38*)
Machine Heads: Cast/Sealed Tuning Machines
Pickups: 1 Seymour Duncan® SHPGP-1B Pearly Gates Plus Humbucking Pickup (Bridge),
1 Seymour Duncan® SH-1N RP ‘59 Reverse Polarity Humbucking Pickup (Neck )
Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle:
Position 1. Bridge Pickup
Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups
Position 3. Neck Pickup
Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone with Push/Pull Coil Select Feature
Colors: (506) Black, Black Chrome Hardware,
(538) Crimson Red Transparent, Black Hardware,
(578) Aztec Gold, Black Chrome Hardware,
(Polyurethane Finish)
Strings: Fender Super 250L, Nickel Plated Steel, (.009 to .042)
Unique Features: Cream Colored Top Body Binding
Oversized Abalone Dot Position Inlays
Matching Painted Headstock, Graphite Nut
Source: Korea
U.S. MSRP: $899.99
Specs: Product Prices, Features, Specifications and Availability Are Subject To Change Without Notice
INTRODUCED: 7/2005
COMMENTS: Proprietary Model for Musician’s Friend 2005
Congratulations! The pickups themselves are worth more at even a used price than what you paid for the guitar :P
Carvin TL60
Ibanez RG370DXL
TheSyle Velcro Fuzz
Line 6 HD500
Peavey Vypyr 120 Tube

---------
Close your eyes, shut out the world, and you will understand. Post-rock/shoegaze/ambient.

Blue Skies and Paign

Like our facebook page!
def not aerodyne but the specs of the serial number look sweet. mind though that serial number can be pretty accurately copied too. email those detailed pics to fender, when i mailed gibson they gave me a very accurate describtion of my les paul. mine is very one-of kinda standard.
Quote by wolvenrick
def not aerodyne but the specs of the serial number look sweet. mind though that serial number can be pretty accurately copied too. email those detailed pics to fender, when i mailed gibson they gave me a very accurate describtion of my les paul. mine is very one-of kinda standard.

Ummmm, the info I posted was sent to me by the fender rep after he authenticated the guitar.