Hey UG,

Is there a relatively simple way of getting this sort of finish ?

I really wanna gold guitar
Quote by Roc8995
Kirk Hammett should just build a wah into his goddam shoes.

Quote by dyingdivinity
wat is pokemanz?
Yes: Pay over 9000 moneys for a custom shop guitar and then you can play a gold guitar
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
ITT: we'll all find out that guitar is gold plated and facepalm at the waste of money.
How about spraying it with Metallic gold Krylon and then adding a gloss finish ?
Quote by Roc8995
Kirk Hammett should just build a wah into his goddam shoes.

Quote by dyingdivinity
wat is pokemanz?
you could sell your house for gold and try working with extrime heat and putting the liquid gold in to a guitar form and then you need to make sure that everything fits nice.... but why??
can't you just paint it gold??? 7 $ and your done!
use a metalic one and do multi layers....
with thanks.. MR. Dubin
Last edited by alphandor at Jun 10, 2011,
I know that there is chrome vinyl wrap that people have used on their cars, to make the entire car look chrome (what a wonderful choice, they must have great taste...).

I could only assume that there is Gold Metallic Vinyl Wrap.

Here's a site that sells it: http://www.viperstripesdirect.com/speciality-vinyl/OVW-919-1524-1m

Try Googling Metallic Gold Vinyl Wrap or something similar. That's what I did.
build 1, finished 1/15/11

Every time I try to pick it up like falling sand,
As fast as I pick it up,
it runs away through my clutching hands.
There's nothing else I can really do...
Rustoleum I believe, makes a really metallic gold paint. It's EXTREMELY touchy though (to the point you can't touch it at all for several weeks after a coat or you create marks.) that plus a gloss coat could probably get you close.
I pride myself on my humility.