I've recently been diagnosed with nickel allergy. If I play for a couple of hours I get ichy rashes in my hands and elbows. I've tried taking breaks and washing my hands every hour or so but it's not helping.
Are there any strings that are not coated with nickel? I'm very passionate about playing and these rashes are making me very uncomfortable after playing. I'm not allergic to any other metals so anything except nickel will do.
Help would be appreciated, not just by me but by future generations as well
try coated strings maybe? ive heard some people use that and it helps. im pretty sure there are stainless steel strings without nickel. probably not as popular but maybe just go to your local store and ask if they have any nickel free strings or if they can order some.
D'Addario Prosteels have a stainless steel wrap instead of nickel.
The Ernie Ball "Titanium" Coated strings don't say exactly their composition, but it appears that they may not have a nickel wrap.
Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
try coated strings maybe? ive heard some people use that and it helps. im pretty sure there are stainless steel strings without nickel. probably not as popular but maybe just go to your local store and ask if they have any nickel free strings or if they can order some.

Thanks, gonna stop by my local store tomorrow
Quote by Roc8995
D'Addario Prosteels have a stainless steel wrap instead of nickel.
The Ernie Ball "Titanium" Coated strings don't say exactly their composition, but it appears that they may not have a nickel wrap.

Thanks