Hey, i'm currently working on a recording of overlord by black label society & its killing me.... i've spent all day on it and parts are still out of time and it sounds weak. any tips on quicker ways to get parts in time + make it all sound bigger?
Literally killing me
I was just going to say the left right thing FireHawk just mentioned.
I shouldn't really recommend it, as it is satanic and blasphemous in nature (I jest, sorta ), but if you are really struggling to play the whole track/parts of the track, you can get one perfect take of the section you're struggling with (even one repeat of it, if it is a repeating riff etc.) and you can copy and paste with a bit of cross-fading between the repetitions (some DAW's even have a 'loop' feature for regions).

But, I mention this merely as a last resort if you're stuck for time... there's no substitute for great passion in a track, and copy n pasting will lead to the same emotion all the way through the repeats and kind of gives it away if you're not careful.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Play it with a metronome?
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
i didn't play it. a friend recorded all the parts & wants me to mix and master them. its awful
okay its not actually as bad as i thought it was, after taking a few hours away from it and going back to it, sounds alright =) 7 hours of working on it was killing me
Quote by Recklessles
7 hours of working on it was killing me

Thats called Ear Fatigue. You sit there and work on a session for a long time, your ears get tired and you cant mix as well. Even the pros take a break
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by FireHawk
tell him to redo it

this, and then

Quote by Meelad360
Slip edit it to death, haha

Slip editing is a beautiful, horrible thing.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
get a marshell MG to supply the crushing overdrive
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial