steve from edwinson lutherie has just completed my falcon (cedar over eir, 1 3/4" nut!), and i'll be seeing it in person next month. in the meantime, steve has put strings on it and spent some time yesterday trying it out in various tunings. he said it sounds amazing - i can't wait!

Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
wow....one of the most BEAUTIFUL guitars i have EVER SEEN!!!!....i would kill someone for it!
Woah, you certainly do have excellent taste in guitars

Might I inquire as to how much it costs to procure such a beauty?
Quote by SeveralSpecies
That's not what your mother said.

That's right. You aint the only one working with cows.

DOUBLE MOM JOKE!

What's up with the inlays on the 7th fret? Other than that, looks pretty amazing.
next month when i've paid the last payment and steve has shipped the guitar, i'll put sound clips up.

Quote by barefootboy
wow! it's gorgeous. sound clips?

thank you

i'll send you a pm.

Quote by mattkendell
Woah, you certainly do have excellent taste in guitars

Might I inquire as to how much it costs to procure such a beauty?

i think it's steve's signature inlay... i think...

Quote by Ascendant
What's up with the inlays on the 7th fret? Other than that, looks pretty amazing.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Last edited by patticake at Jun 9, 2011,
The back looks amazing. I'm also curious as to the hole on the side.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
The hole in the side is to project some of the sound upwards towards the player.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Yes, it's commonly called a Soundport. Lets you hear almost exactly what your audience is hearing.
Acoustics:
1994 Seagull SM6
2007 Takamine G5013SVFT

Electrics:
2008 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top (Cherryburst)
1964 Gibson Melody Maker D (DC)

Amps:
Traynor YGL-1

Pedals
MXR Distortion III (C4 Modded)
i've noticed that on some guitars, a soundport makes a huge difference to what you hear of the guitar you're playing, and particularly brings more of the bass to the player, but i've played some guitars - usually bigger bass heavier ones - where it barely made a difference.
Quote by Skeet UK
That's a sharp lookin' piece! You have great taste.

Cheers.
"Because hoes don't trust anyone.. especially me."
Quote by GorillaBreath
wow....one of the most BEAUTIFUL guitars i have EVER SEEN!!!!....i would kill someone for it!

+1

You should put a sound clip.
Looks like a beaut. Love the wood trim.

Congrats!
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.