First off I want to say I'm sorry if there's already a thread about this, I tried the search bar but nothing came up.

A few months ago, I got an old acoustic guitar as a gift, and the neck was bent up pretty bad on it. I messed around with the truss rod, hoping that would straighten it back up, but eventually it stopped turning (well, I could probably force it, but something tells me that's a bad idea) but the necks still bent pretty severely.

Is there like a technique or something to straighten the neck to where it needs to be? Taking it to a professional isnt an option, since there arent any around here and I wouldn't be able to pay them anyway.

Thanks
---------------------------
Here have a waffle!
(>^_^)>#
Well, which way is it 'bent'?

Personally, I'd string it up and adjust with a straight edge and the truss rod. That's what the truss rod is built for.

If the truss rod isn't doing anything for the bend, then there is something going on with the rod. That's what it's built for, so if it's not doing any reverse bending... then it's broke.
It's bent toward the front, and I already used the truss rod, and it helped a lot, but now it isn't doing anything for it.

Is there a way to know for sure that its broken? And more importantly, a way to replace it if it is?
Here have a waffle!
(>^_^)>#
How many turns did you turn?

Also, what make is this guitar and all of that.

To know if it's broken? Keep turning it, if it's not doing anything and doesn't feel like it's tightening, it's probably broken. Or keep turning and when you get the coolest snap you'll ever hear, that's when it breaks.

Replacing a truss rod is a pain in the ass. If the guitar isn't worth much, I'd say buy another guitar.
I did about a half turn a day for 2 weeks, then the truss rod stopped turning entirely. I can turn it to the right (I was turning left before), but I dont see how that would be of much use to me.

Its a Kay K570. According to the net they were made between '78-'82 (if I remember right), and I really dont know anything about it besides that.

Apparently its been in my family for a long time, so I really want to get it playable again.
Here have a waffle!
(>^_^)>#
You're kidding :|

And somehow it got a little straighter.. I'll try turning the other way for a while then. Thanks!
Here have a waffle!
(>^_^)>#