"The dirt keeps this funk" Ever since I heard he never changed his strings I knew flat wounds were what I wanted, I now put them on guitars and and basses. I'm cheap and a student, So I like the idea of never replacing them. Anyone else?

I have and do use round wounds on guitar, and have on bass, I am afraid to use round wounds now on bass cause if I like the tone I can't afford to keep it. I've heard of boiling them but eww who would eat from that pot after that. Can amp and bass EQ settings along make the tone?
I have two basses strung with flats, and one of them have had the same set for 2 years now. Also my rounds on my jazz haven't been changed in nearly a year. I hate that bright rattling fret noise sound rounds give you, but once they have aged you get a much more mellow sound from them, that I love.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Quote by askrere
"The dirt keeps this funk" Ever since I heard he never changed his strings I knew flat wounds were what I wanted, I now put them on guitars and and basses. I'm cheap and a student, So I like the idea of never replacing them. Anyone else?

I have and do use round wounds on guitar, and have on bass, I am afraid to use round wounds now on bass cause if I like the tone I can't afford to keep it. I've heard of boiling them but eww who would eat from that pot after that. Can amp and bass EQ settings along make the tone?

I don't understand why people refuse to use a pot that they're cleaned strings in, do you people never clean your stuff?

As for never changing strings: strings age in more ways than just tonally. After too long they will be impossible to intonate.
I do clean it, but idk something tells me my girlfriend might not want months of caked up dirt and skin in her pots and pans, even if it is unnaturally yummy