So I got myself a Carvin V412-C today. It's quite similar to a Marshall 1960 in dimensions. Loaded with G12m-70s. Not anywhere near the best Celestions ever made, but they don't sound bad to my ears by any means - especially not for $150. They're certainly better than the Sheffield I had before! I haven't gotten the chance to try it with my 6505, but the amp I played through it - a Kustom Lead III, I think - it was pretty awesome, IMO. Loud, clear, and it did certainly shake things.
Decent bass response and pretty damn crisp for 25-30 year old speakers.

But DAMN, this is a heavy cab -even for a 4x12! It weighs 95 pounds. Clips will be up when I can record them Sunday.

Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Jun 9, 2011,
Good stuff glad to see it all worked out for you!

HNAD!

2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Sweet grab for $150. Congrats - big upgrade from Sheffields.

Quote by AxSilentxLine
HNCD is this the Vai Legacy cab? I always thought those came with V30's?

The grill looks really similar, but the Legacy Cab has a brown tolex and the input jack is more in the center and a bit different. And yeah they do come with V30s.
No, this isn't a Legacy cab. This is an OLD X100B cab. Probably from the mid 80s. And thanks guys
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
No, this isn't a Legacy cab. This is an OLD X100B cab. Probably from the mid 80s. And thanks guys

probably no different in build though. not the speakers, but cab wise. if it is any different, your's is likely better.

i've said it before, nothing says metal like a grill you can bounce a bottle of jack daniels off.

nice score.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jun 9, 2011,
Quote by gregs1020
probably no different in build though. not the speakers, but cab wise. if it is any different, your's is likely better.

i've said it before, nothing says metal like a grill you can bounce a bottle of jack daniels off of.

nice score.

I may just have to sig that.

Quote by TheAbsentOne
Glad you were able to choose one

It was just too good of a deal to pass up, y'know?

I promise I'll have clips by Sunday afternoon/evening!
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Last edited by oneblackened at Jun 9, 2011,
those m70's are terrible speakers, i had a set for a while, and i have one now in a 1x12" amp converted to cabinet (i removed the chassis and built a head cab).

they will get the job done, but trust me, when you throw some new speakers in there, it will really shine.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by oneblackened
I may just have to sig that.

i believe the guy did last time too.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
those m70's are terrible speakers, i had a set for a while, and i have one now in a 1x12" amp converted to cabinet (i removed the chassis and built a head cab).

they will get the job done, but trust me, when you throw some new speakers in there, it will really shine.

Yeah, once I get the cash I'll get some Veteran 30's and stick them in there. But for now, the m70's will do.

And I'm thinking of doing that for my 6505+ 112. Any advice?
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden